Janitor and Fresh Kills

Methiur

Janitor and Fresh Kills

Post by Methiur »

Can the time between fresh kills on the ground be extended? Often times when hunting I will be fighting multiple critters and they have a tendency to run off to an adjacent room. I'll duck into the side room to finish off one that is fleeing to find that everything in the previous room has disappeared without having been skinned or looted. This is sometimes less than 6 seconds just to account for the Roundtime of the final shot.

It makes more sense for me to finish off the fleeing person and then regroup to loot. Or should I adjust my gameplay style to adjust here?
Jaster

Re: Janitor and Fresh Kills

Post by Jaster »

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the janitor is that it works based on the "area" people are in. So as long as you are killing things in the infested caravan area, corpses shouldn't disappear in the infested caravan area.

If you're hunting in the big wild wilderness, maybe it's different.
Methiur

Post by Methiur »

I mainly hunt in the Taureka Farm area where I've really started noticing it.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I think it's room-based, Jaster =/ The bodies last as long as you're in the room or for a set time if you leave the room, but if you exceed the normal timer for the janitor while in that room, once you leave it's pretty much insta-poofed. At least that's been my observation.
Methiur

Post by Methiur »

I agree on it being room based. Though in some situations like I mention I am gone from the room less than 10 seconds and it clears out. It could be that the Janitor timer starts based on when you enter the room and thus when I leave to clean up the last kill it insta clears when I leave the room. If that is the case, swapping the timer to when the last person leaves the room would greatly improve it. This is speculation though.
TwistedAkai

Post by TwistedAkai »

Room-based. See my signature for how I know.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I guess I don't keel enough stuff.

I don't think I've ever noticed anything disappear.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The "janitor timer" shouldn't be going down at all if there's a PC in the room, so those corpses shouldn't be disappearing after only a few seconds of being out of the room. If you've left the room multiple times before, it's possible the timer might have gotten to the point where it only needed an instant of a player being out of the room for the janitor to clean up, but that's unlikely, considering how the timing for the mechanic works (it's not based on seconds). It sounds like it may be buggy, so I'll check it out. Thanks for pointing out the oddity.
The lore compels me!
TwistedAkai

Post by TwistedAkai »

Rias wrote:[...] room [...]
Yep. Room based.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”