Church membership

qinweiqi

Church membership

Post by qinweiqi »

[quote="In "Things that make me go 'Bwuh?' " Rias"]
[player question]No no, not how do I become a monk/templar. How do I join the church?

[player response]There aren't people in the church, i.e. members, only monks and templars.
Regarding the question: If you read the book in the Shadgard sanctuary it talks about the history of the first thaumaturge (St. Vito) and the founding of the Church. The Church was actually formed and organized by people who wanted to support/follow the example of the thaumaturgers, and not by the thaumaturges themselves. There's no mechanical way to "join" the church in-game, like "ask NPC about join church" or something. There's really no need - if you want to count yourself a member, you're free to do so. No paperwork required, no rites or baptisms, etc. Of course, it would require a little more if you wanted to be an official of some kind, but just being a "member" takes nothing more than simply proclaiming you are one.[/quote]
I can surely think of at least one good reason:
[quote="In "Lore Week III" Rias"]
What was the kingdom of Old Aetgard like? (It'd be nice to know what it was like when it was in full swing, as well as the early years AND the declining years)
I'll get back to this one later. You can at least get a glimpse of some of their archetecture by exploring the Vatnfjall Ruins and Valeria (if you can get admittance to the latter).[/quote]

It'd be nice to be able to check out Valeria without being sneaky enough to get by a varhound or being some manner of hooligan.
Rias
DEV

Re: Church membership

Post by Rias »

Valeria is a Viali military fortress, not a Church town. Ivial != the Church, the Church != Ivial. Valeria doesn't grant entry to Church members, they grant entry to Monks and Templar, specifically.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”