Storage for chained weapons (and other sorts)

You

Storage for chained weapons (and other sorts)

Post by You »

From what I've seen in game, there is storage for hafted weapons (haft frogs), storage for poled weapons (pole harnesses), and storage for daggers and swords (sheaths), which is very convenient. However, it doesn't seem whips and flails have any storage mechanism - could this be fixed?

You could even just allow chained weapons to be stored in haft-frogs, since most of them have hafts.

Just to do my part to help, here are a couple pictures of flails and their storage containers:

And don't forget the all-important
Jaster

Re: Storage for chained weapons (and other sorts)

Post by Jaster »

Zomgz.. a flail-snail.

On whips: You can actually wear them directly on a belt so you don't need a container for them at all, just a free belt slot.

Also, I think the "larger" chained weapons, like a battle flail, can be put in a pole harness (the last I knew). It's just the ball and chain weapon that won't fit in any specific weapon container.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

[quote="You"]From what I've seen in game, there is storage for hafted weapons (haft frogs), storage for poled weapons (pole harnesses), and storage for daggers and swords (sheaths), which is very convenient. However, it doesn't seem whips and flails have any storage mechanism - could this be fixed?

You could even just allow chained weapons to be stored in haft-frogs, since most of them have hafts.

Just to do my part to help, here are a couple pictures of flails and their storage containers:

Note that this item pictured is less of a flail, and more of a ball-and-chain.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I've always pictured CLOK's ball and chain weapon as something like this...

As it is literally a ball and a chain.

I would consider the other one a hand-flail.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

We could make haft-frogs work for the one-handed variety, and just assume the character pulls the haft all the way through until the head is pulled taut against the top of the haft-frog, then the haft is stuffed into the belt or something. Don't want to leave either end dangling to constantly sway and hit you in the leg. Ow.

For those confused by the "haft-frog" thing - it's basically just a large loop attached to a belt, large enough to go around a tool or weapon's haft.

If you're thinking of making one of "those" comments in response to the wording in this post, do us a favor and just don't.
The lore compels me!
You

Post by You »

Rias wrote:We could make haft-frogs work for the one-handed variety, and just assume the character pulls the haft all the way through until the head is pulled taut against the top of the haft-frog, then the haft is stuffed into the belt or something. Don't want to leave either end dangling to constantly sway and hit you in the leg. Ow.
I see that as the optimal solution. Not another item for you to make or for us to buy, and frankly it's pretty much the same thing anyway.
Rias wrote: If you're thinking of making one of "those" comments in response to the wording in this post, do us a favor and just don't.
I'm proud to say I had to stop and think for half a minute to figure out what you meant.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Done. One-handed chained weapons should work with haft-frogs now.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”