Taunt! neaner neaner

xavier

Taunt! neaner neaner

Post by xavier »

How about a taunt ability that allows for seperating npc's for example...
person A walks into a room and taunts npc1 then runs out of the room. npc1 has a chance of following personA based on oh let's say their melee skill.
could look something like the following
taunt <direction>
you: You taunt a bloated plague walker and slap him on the nose then run <direction>.
others (if any): persona heckles and smacks a bloated plague walker then runs off <direction>.
Just an idea for group combat in interesting environs.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Gruff

Re: Taunt! neaner neaner

Post by Gruff »

Seconded but I'd prefer a couple messages based on class. Tough to see Templar slapping something on the nose and then running.
Kent

Post by Kent »

I played a PC game years ago called Age of Wonders. Certain of your army had an ability called "taunt" which made the mob aim it's next attack on the taunter, ignoring all other possible targets. I suppose the guilds in CLOK that would be able to taunt would be Mummers and Thieves. It serves basically a counterpart to the "guard" ability.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Some guilds already have abilities that allow them to separate NPC groups, such as Mighty Throw for the Dwaedn Wyr, or potentially the fear effect in minor haunting.

Kent wrote:I played a PC game years ago called Age of Wonders. Certain of your army had an ability called "taunt" which made the mob aim it's next attack on the taunter, ignoring all other possible targets. I suppose the guilds in CLOK that would be able to taunt would be Mummers and Thieves. It serves basically a counterpart to the "guard" ability.
The 'press' command causes the target to focus on you, unless I am remembering incorrectly.
xavier

Post by xavier »

yes press does cause a chance the opponent will focus on you.
Yes, I had thought to put this out there as a companion to guarding someone, though also for npc pulling. throw haunting, and roar do not always send the target(s) running out of the room i threw a mob six times once before he flew out of the room, so it's either random or a percentage chance. Anyway, I'm glad to hear feedback on this.
Baylee

Post by Baylee »

I like the idea, but I don't think it should be guild specific (other than what the text says when you taunt, as previously mentioned a templar may not slap somebody on the nose lol).
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

We've got combat presses as a way of holding "aggro" already. Being able to move creatures out of a room is considered a special perk to those who get guild abilities that do so (mighty throw, high-tier aero and hydro spells, fear fleeing effects, etc.).
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”