NPCs and players with drawn weapons

Stranger

NPCs and players with drawn weapons

Post by Stranger »

I realize that NPCs can only be so animated and it takes too much time to give 'every' NPC some idle descriptions but it does kind of bug me that any NPC with a weapon will stand around all day with their weapon drawn, regardless if they are in combat or not.

Would it be difficult to give NPCs the ability to draw and sheath their weapons? Just like an NPC will prepare it's magic before it attacks, I can see how a person will sheath or unsheathe their weapon in a similar fashion. On a related note, it might also be fun to have NPCs react to you differently with your weapon drawn. Perhaps they will refuse to offer you services until you stow your weapon. That would be like an armed cop walking into McDonalds with their gun drawn and asking for a Big-Mac.
"No one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good."
Plato
Gruff

Re: NPCs and players with drawn weapons

Post by Gruff »

I have to agree with this.

"Does he look like a [witch]?"
Alexander

Re: NPCs and players with drawn weapons

Post by Alexander »

I've always thought that the town guards should refuse to let you through if you have weapons drawn or your face concealed to hide your identity, but I imagine it would be more hassle than it's worth. I do like the idea of shops not selling to people who have a weapon drawn.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”