Task requests

Lun
CLOK Patron

Task requests

Post by Lun »

This has been suggested a few times, and I'm not sure if it's on the to-do list or on the never-do list, but I think it'd be nice to ask for a type of task. Rather than the mission board where you can pick out of three tasks, you could instead ask your taskmaster for a "type" of request much like how the new SURVEY command works once you've hit a certain rank in your guild. For example, you could "ASK GIL FOR TASK PLANT" and he'll give you a range of quests from picking, grinding, and cultivating herbs. Or you could "ASK FLANNIGAN FOR SURVEY" and he'll send you to a place to survey for nether. The prerequisite rank would make it so that early on in the guild, people won't simply spam survey tasks in order to grind up from Rank 0 to infinity (The minimum rank might be something like 5, showing your guild master that you're spending time to improve your position in the guild and deserve this request.) Your request might also be turned down by your guild master because your guild master finds another task more urgent than your request.

Bullet points for an easy read:

-Upon reaching certain rank, unlock ability to ask for type of task
-Tasks are partitioned to COMBAT, PLANT, SURVEY, HEAL, etc.
-Requirement stops abuse of low levelled "easy" tasks (Low rank rooks only get Shadgard Graveyard, I think, for example.)
-Request can be turned down at random vs roll chance (Given another "I'm sorry this is more urgent." quest of any type.

Ideas?

QUICKEDIT: Er, rather than certain rank, certain skill level*

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”