New things for the farm/lake areas.

Evelyn
Mentor

New things for the farm/lake areas.

Post by Evelyn »

I think it would be nifty to have trees/flowers and the pumpkin vines that you can pick from,

pick pumpkin from vines
pick apple from tree

and so on... These would run out and respawn after so long. Just an idea I had whilst looking at the pumpkin vines. :)
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I was going to add them to an untillable plot of soil, since the harvest mechanic already exists, including temporarily running out of them and the regrowth timer. I just need to code up the pumpkins.

Doing so and not being one of the Trusted would probably anger the scarecrows, though. I'm working on a mechanic to improve faction standing with the scarecrows on an individual basis, so others can eventually earn the scarecrows' trust as well.
The lore compels me!
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Niftyness! Now Eve can work on making her self a pet Scarecrow. >.>
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Vines?Hop,grape etc?Wine and beer brewing?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I plan on brewing eventually (low low priority), though the vines Evelyn is referring to are pumpkin vines, and I don't know of any pumpkin brews (though if there are any, please inform me!).
The lore compels me!
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

I've heard of pumpkin juice, but it doesn't sound very appealing hehe.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Pumpkin soup.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

and tomatoes are much the same.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Are the farmlands of Tarueka going to become till-able?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Probably not. The land there isn't exactly prime farming soil, what with the infestation and mold/fungus everywhere.

However, now that the wilderness is bigger, I'll be able to throw down a lot more farming areas. Guess I need to work on crops other than strawberries.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

And here I thought I would channel Pyromancy and use a new PURGE command to wipe away traces of the infected...
*hint hint nudge nudge.. bribe with cookies* ?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The resident infested would promptly re-infest any such cleansed land, so that won't be an option. I'm guessing such a procedure would probably be detrimental to soil quality, anyway, but I'm no agriculturist and may be wrong.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Oh well I tried. What do you think of the idea of adding in seed maker or a drying process of which one could turn foraged materials into a few seed packs to plant in a tilled farm area?

Possibly another farming action of removing weeds, if you don't do this is will slow plant growth or even kill plants growing there?
Last edited by Nootau on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”