Making the CLEAR command stronger

Lemuel

Making the CLEAR command stronger

Post by Lemuel »

In other muds, the CLEAR command made a complete clearing of _all_ sent commands.

But I find here in CLOK the clear is weak by comparison, it does indeed leave some commands uncleared. I don't know if it only clears roundtime commands or what it does, but some commands are uncleared by 'clear'.

Could we strengthen it, or make an ALLCLEAR command that really does the job?
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

I play many alts and I have never ever found myself in a place where a simple clear hasn't worked for me. Then again I only use one command in advance - at most. If this is a persistent problem for more than one person it may be considered, I'm sure.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Clear is used to remove a command from the queue. As you can only have one command in your queue, it only needs to clear one command.

I'm not really sure what other commands you're talking about, since everything else should be happening as soon as you input it into the game.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

[quote=Rithiel]Clear is used to remove a command from the queue. As you can only have one command in your queue, it only needs to clear one command.

I'm not really sure what other commands you're talking about, since everything else should be happening as soon as you input it into the game.[/quote]

Well, I have typed in 'clear' a couple of times, got the message "Your queue is already cleared", and still had some commands processed by CLOK afterwards without me entering any more.

I have a hunch these latter commands are non-roundtime commands. I will bug it the next few times it happens.
Last edited by Lemuel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Also, could there be a command "Queue" that returns two things: what command is in queue, and how many seconds of roundtime remain?

Would be very useful when tied up, for example, in infirmary and you want to know how much more time is needed.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

You could technically reenter the command or another command and it will tell you how many seconds of roundtime remain.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

If you have commands going through that you don't manually enter after clearing your queue, I highly suspect:

A) It's one of your myriad infamous triggers, which you reportedly don't notice auto-executing even at rates of 100+ commands per second
B) It's the result of an auto-repeating command, such as battle or forage

If you find otherwise, please let us know the exact details of the situation.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”