In addition to 'friends' list, could we have a 'known' list?

Lemuel

In addition to 'friends' list, could we have a 'known' list?

Post by Lemuel »

There are some characters that Lemuel has been introduced to, but they belong neither on my friends list nor my enemies list.

Could the admins create, please, a third list, the 'known' list, where you can add other players's names to?

Adding them to the 'known' list would have no other implication or effect, as it does when you add them to 'friends' (greens their name) and 'enemies' (reddens their name).

More advanced and less important request: Down the road, could you code it so that anyone added to your friends list is automatically added also to your known list, but taking them off your friends list does not automatically take them off your known list? I do not recommend auto-known with the enemies list, because there are some enemy PC's who just attack and will not introduce themselves.
Last edited by Lemuel on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Would be cool if you could make notes in the list too...
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

And a case in point for this request is this: The other day I was in the bandit camp hunting rogues, etc. I entered a room where a squinty-eyed rogue was, and also Kiyaani, whom I had on my 'enemies' list. Both Kiyaani and the rogue were popping in and out of hiding. At first I was not aware that Kiyaani was in that room.

I typed 'kill' and my sword slashes were aimed at Kiyaani, as she popped out of hiding as I was typing 'kill'. I quickly walked away into another room.

So Kiyaani is a prime example of someone I would normally want added to my 'enemies' list, except I do not wish to attack her on sight, as can easily happen with the current enemies list. I have removed Kiyaani from my enemies list. Neither does she belong on my 'friends' list. A similar unfortunate event happened some weeks ago with Zelie, whom I also ended up attacking when she was not my intended target, and also I have removed Zelie from the enemies list to prevent a recurrence.

So I request a 'known' list to add persons who are somewhat adversarial to me, but whom I do not wish to slay, and also for persons I barely know IC.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I don't see why you need a list for people like that. Just don't add them to either your friend or your enemy list. CLOK doesn't have a million players, so I think it'd be pretty easy to remember who you've already met and if you want to be somewhat adversarial with them.

Not to say that it's a bad idea.
Last edited by Jaster on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

You can also specify a target when attacking to avoid this problem since it seems to be a common problem for you.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

I have a hard time with alts :(

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”