Horses and Oceans.

Hadya

Horses and Oceans.

Post by Hadya »

Some things that would make a fun MUD even better:

Whaling, shipbuilding, scrimshaw carving, player owned ships and fishing boats- for whenever you all get around to building the ocean!

Maybe some of those elemancer Aeromancy/Hydromancy skills could aid in altering currents and winds for sailing ships.

I love that Clok has horses! Horses would be even better if you could train them for different purposes and breed them for desirable traits. I don’t know how doable that is in this game, but it would be fun to have player owned stables and training pens. I suppose you would have to speed up their aging like you did with the crop growth. Equine gestation is 11 months, and you shouldn’t start riding a horse until maturity at 2-3 years or you damage their bone structure.

It would also be nice if you added gender into a horse’s description. All warhorses should be stallions, standard riding horses should be mares or geldings.

I’m new to this game, but I’m enjoying it quite a bit. I’ve played GS on and off since 2001 (mostly off, due to the price), and haven’t seen another MUD that interested me until this one. I think I read most of the previous suggestions; hopefully I’m not repeating what other people have already requested.
Last edited by Hadya on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

I was thinking about scrimshaw carving the other day too. I like these ideas. Whaling is so inhumane, though; I hope we just have deep sea fishing.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Clok is an image of an inhumane time in some parts though.
Hadya

Post by Hadya »

I'm not a fan of commercial whaling either, Lemuel. Whale hunting on a small scale isn't less humane than other kinds of hunting, fishing, or raising animals for food. The Inuit have been whalers since about 3,000 BC, without whaling I don't know if they would have survived. Plus, Clok whales could regenerate..and how are we going to have scrimshaw without whale teeth? :)
Aleesia

Post by Aleesia »

I have a suggestion for horses:
Once you buy a horse, they become your responsibility, correct? If they're that much of a responsibility and cost 5000 riln, then shouldn't you be more watchful of your horse?

I think horses should have hunger just like us, and if they get too hungry, they would starve to death and you can find them back at the stables.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”