Jobs

Aleesia

Jobs

Post by Aleesia »

Will we have jobs anytime? I know you can get guildpoints and riln from tasks, but if you're not feeling up to venturing out into the deadwood forests or graveyards, dusklamp, or even collecting herbs, etc... It would be a lot faster in making riln.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

You can mine, log, collect herbs, make poultices, carve wood, work metal, farm, cook, fish, craft things from leather, polish and facet gems, resort to petty thievery ... I may have missed something. Some of those involve danger and risk, others don't. There are quite a few ways to make money, and we're open to suggestions for more.
The lore compels me!
Aleesia

Post by Aleesia »

I mean like in stores or shops like the general store or the bookshop, bank, etc...
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Would you be willing to be in-game regularly and often enough to fill routine daily work hours?
The lore compels me!
Aleesia

Post by Aleesia »

I would. I don't know about other people though. :/
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

I would, depending on the time, the one good thing about having no life.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Sadly I was being sarcastic. There are no plans to implement a full-time job system.
The lore compels me!
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

what about a one time job? maybe having some NPC's needing some help, but only available to people who aren't in a guild.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

How much were you looking to earn per day?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

not much, less than guild tasks, but enough to get you food without killing carriers or hunting.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Forage 2 or 3 things right outside town, and you've got enough to buy a ration. Virtually no risk, possible just outside (and even inside in some places) any town or hamlet, can be done with 0 skill, skills up a valuable skill, and will take maybe 30 seconds.

Farming and fishing will also net you plenty of riln without hunting and at virtually no risk of danger.

I'm not saying I'm against some kind of "do occasional odd jobs for townsfolk" mechanic, but pointing out that there are already many ways to make money without dedicated hunting.
The lore compels me!
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

Agreed, but going outside and picking daisies or spending a few minutes typing the same things over and over doesn't seem very... adventurous. Perhaps we could have a mechanic that makes some NPC's have jobs occasionally, maybe a rare herb or something of the sort, doesn't have to involve combat, I just don't want to make money with no risk/max reward or max risk/max reward, something with difficulty that would net some riln.
Aleesia

Post by Aleesia »

Or if you're a sword for hire, maybe you could make a full-time job with that. Gather a group of sword for hire peoples.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Where the rare herbs like feystep mushrooms removed? I ask as these sold for a pretty penny before the herb changes.

[quote=Aleesia]Or if you're a sword for hire, maybe you could make a full-time job with that. Gather a group of sword for hire peoples.[/quote]
You can already do that. People, such as Spearhead, already offer their skills up for those who will pay them. You can make money from cutting down humans and humanoids as much as beasts, if not more. If you would like a IC justification for such a grouping, say you were going to raid a bandit camp to lessen their number and free them of their bounty, donating a significant section to the city who they rob while keeping a good chunk to yourselves.
Last edited by Nootau on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I was under the impression, until the last couple posts, that the purpose of this thread was to inquire about low-effort jobs. As far as a guild-independent task/bounty system, we've tossed around ideas like that for a while now, so that's definitely something we're willing to do. While I think it's not much more than people telling you to go and do something you already could have just done yourself, I can see how it adds a drive to do these things and an increased sense of purpose. In other words, you already can make riln in the ways talked about in this thread, it just seems that people want to be directed by NPCs to do them, if I'm understanding correctly.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against the idea and think it'll add to the game and experience. Don't expect it to be the fast track to riches or anything, though.

Note: Feystep mushrooms haven't been removed.
The lore compels me!
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted, spending 20 minutes foraging or logging or farming with just about no challenge just doesn't hold my interest for long, which is probably why i'm poor as dirt.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”