Setting up certain institutions to receive donations.

Lemuel

Setting up certain institutions to receive donations.

Post by Lemuel »

I believe that certain corporations in society should be receiving donations.

In particular, I believe it should be possible to make a cash donation to:

- An infirmary
- A church
- An orphanage
- A town
- Anything else I'm missing ?

(No business venture should receive donations in this fashion - that is private enterprise.)

There should be some reputation benefit to making said donations. For example, for each 500 riln donated to town hall (which it will use in maintenance of it's roads and walls and to supply it's garrison, etc) the player's reputation in that town should increment.

I am not sure how the Admins keep score on a players reputation, but in a codebase where one's reputation could range from 1 - 100, I would recommend a 1% increase for every 500 riln donated -- or the equivalent in CLOK's hidden score chart.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

There's a donation box in the orphanage, just so you know.

I don't like the idea of using donations as a way to bribe your way into a good reputation. Some increases, sure, but it's not going to be a way to just go in one day, pour in a few good thousand riln and hey! The town loves you.

Reputation increases are manually managed for the most part. Do sincere good things for a faction and you're likely to end up well-liked. It'll likely take more than simply dropping riln though, unless it's a wealth-based/greedy/corrupt organization you're dealing with.
The lore compels me!
Tenlaar

Post by Tenlaar »

Forget donations, I want pay the infirmary a free for a week of "VIP" service, knock off 20 or 25% of the healing time. I seem to be getting a lot of 4 to 5 minute timers.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

[quote=Rias]There's a donation box in the orphanage, just so you know.[/quote]

What is the syntax for putting riln in that donation box ?

[quote=Rias]I don't like the idea of using donations as a way to bribe your way into a good reputation. Some increases, sure, but it's not going to be a way to just go in one day, pour in a few good thousand riln and hey! The town loves you.
[/quote]

Perhaps only one or two such 1% increments per week would be possible, then. It would take a period of steady giving to get the town to realize what a benefactor you are. You would get 1% increment for the first 500 riln you donate in a calendar week, then another 1% if you donate another 1000 riln the same week, then no more increments until you decide to donate in the next calendar week...how about something like that ?
Last edited by Lemuel on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

NPC healers are intentionally inconvenient. I would recommend asking for a monk or an experienced herbalist with poultice bandages for help. If there's a monk around, you'll even get a few buffs from the healing if they know Spirit Augmentation.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I still wouldn't want to allow completely paying your way into a town's good graces, even over time. Someone who hated Shadgard could still do that and benefit from a good rep despite professing their wishes for Shadgard's downfall, for instance. Try performing some good deeds that require more thought and effort than dropping riln in a box.

Syntax for donation I believe is donate [#].
The lore compels me!
Tenlaar

Post by Tenlaar »

[quote=Rias]NPC healers are intentionally inconvenient. I would recommend asking for a monk or an experienced herbalist with poultice bandages for help. If there's a monk around, you'll even get a few buffs from the healing if they know Spirit Augmentation.[/quote]

I'm all for pushing the different guilds, but I think this is another thing you might want to look at more realistically, population-wise. I'm usually a later-in-the-night player. I log in and there are between zero and three players, on average. If I'm working up combat skills, I need to be healed about every 10-15 minutes. My options are:

1) If one of the few people who are on happen to be capable of healing I can stop fighting earlier than usual (because I would have to wait for them or go to the town they are in, don't want to be exhausted and bleeding) and ask them to heal me 4-6 times an hour (using OOC means to arrange an IC interaction, no less).

2) Use an "intentionally inconvenient" NPC healer, A.K.A. spend 5 out of every 15-20 minutes AFK or surfing the web.
Lae

Post by Lae »

1) I'm usually around until 3am EST or later, because of homework. If you catch me around, I will come to you if you ask. I don't mind healing and actually look for the interaction that most people reject in favor of the NPC herbalist. I didn't choose monk so that I could heal MYSELF in bad situations, I decided on monk because of healing others and the RP opportunity that it presents. If you find yourself getting hurt constantly, you can ask Lae to hunt with you. As long as you don't expect her to hurt something she considers harmless, she'll help.

Also, IC interactions can be managed with a pendant, if you don't have one and you meet Lae, she carries extras and usually notices the lack.

Yeah, I know it's not "convenient" all the time, but it is an option that is available to you. Monks like helping, and kind of feel useless when nobody seems to think we can, or want to, help.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

3) Buy quantities of poultice-treated bandages from another player, which you can then use at any time. Work on your first aid skill. You can even have an herbalist mail you the bandages if you're not both on at the same time to make the exchange in person. Post a request on the town board in your local town square.

4) Take up herbalism and first aid and make your own poultice-treated bandages. Be super independent! Might be your best choice if you never see other PCs and cannot abide infirmary wait times.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

You can also use your own bandages to increase the amount of time between trips to any sort of healer. While they don't completely heal you like NPC healers and Monks, it can be the difference between a moderate wound and a scratch depending on the poultice used.

Secondly, go get healed more frequently if there are no monks around. I start getting healed when I'm getting my first Moderate wounds, and that puts me, at most, a timer of 120 seconds.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”