Signs and Markings

KianTheArcher

Signs and Markings

Post by KianTheArcher »

Signs and Markings are abilities available to four different guilds.

Marking is a woodscrafty ability, available to the Udemi and Dwaedn Wyr. It is the ability to carve a small, but intricate, mark onto a tree, or a stone, that leaves a semi-detailed message to those able to decipher it. To all others, it appears to just be a part of nature.

Simple idea, though I don't know how complicated it would be to implement. Essentially, the Udemi and Dwaedn Wyr can get an ability (no prereqs) that allows them to MARK a wilderness room. The mark ONLY shows up to those with the Marking ability. When looked at via "read mark", a message (Up to 50 characters, spaces not included, left by the PC leaving the Mark) can be viewed.

Signs is an an urban ability, available to the Utasa and Thieves Guild. It is the ability to leave an small, but intricate, sign on a surface somewhere in any city or town that contains a semi-detailed message to those able to deciper it. To all others, it does not appear like anything out of the ordinary.

Same as above, but it applies to the Utasa and the Thieves guild, except using the SIGN command, and READ SIGNS (S on the end on purpose)

I've also considered allowing the Udemi and Utasa to be able to read each other's Signs/Markings. But I dunno if that'd be too much.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

That actually sounds really neat. Consider it in the works.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Not sure I understand the purpose, though. Not that that will stop me from making sure it's implemented (the more cool stuff Tse Gaiyan can do, the better).
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Basically, I can leave a Mark outside the trail to the burial ground saying, for instance "BEWARE: Skeletons and dark magic to the west". That sort of thing.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yeah, more of a "that's nifty" ability than a "I NEED IT TO OPTIMIZE MY KILLING POWER" ability. Maybe I'll have it be something you can learn at a certain rank, rather than spending a promotion on it. Hmmm.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Right. I just thought it'd be fun. I got the idea from my LoTR RPG book. Just good for RP
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”