Age and Body

Elizamor

Age and Body

Post by Elizamor »

Is aging ever going to be implemented? What about change in body weight or looks? Are we ever going to get taller?
I'm a thief, it's what I do.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I think your character ages at the same rate you do in real life. Otherwise we'd have people dying of old age, and I don't think you can come back from that.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

Well ancient is the farthest you can go, right? Why not stop aging when you're ancient?

But I still think Change in body weight and looks would be cool
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Then we'd all end up a bunch of ancient people, and have awkward silence whenever people ask why we never die.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

haha. Well then I guess aging is out of the question.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

[quote=Skjotur]Then we'd all end up a bunch of ancient people, and have awkward silence whenever people ask why we never die.[/quote]

I lol'ed.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Tian

Post by Tian »

How fast did you wish to have your character age(5x irl? 10x?)? What are the age ranges currently(youthful is from where to where? How old is 'mature'?)?
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I like to thing that it's more a description of how old the character -looks-, not how old they actually are. You can look 'young' and actually be older, or you can look 'mature' but be more young.

Take me (IRL) for instance. I have a total baby face, so that when I'm clean-shaven I look 'young' When I grow out my beard I look 'older'.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

[quote=Tian]How fast did you wish to have your character age(5x irl? 10x?)? What are the age ranges currently(youthful is from where to where? How old is 'mature'?)?[/quote]

Well, I was thinking more of realistic. Like, you grow taller a tiny bit every year.
Lae

Post by Lae »

I can imagine that this might not be easy to code, but I would *love* to see body changes after a while or the chance to change how your hair looks.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've always thought some kind of mechanic/NPC to change your hair would be cool.
The lore compels me!
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

Like dying or cutting your hair.

Also, growing beards and mustaches for guys?

(Your hair would grow as well)
Xzean

Post by Xzean »

Having to shave as an elf in DR was never cool. Grumble.
"The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of farce, and gives it some of the grace of tragedy." `Steven Weinburg

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”