The Shining Company: FAQ

Zeldryn

The Shining Company: FAQ

Post by Zeldryn »

Hi there everybody!

As I'm sure some are aware, I've been doing a lot of talking in character about my own little player-run organization dubbed, "The Shining Company." There's been a lot of talk about what the idea behind it is, and what exactly will be involved from an in-character standpoint, but up until now, I haven't really said much about it from an out of character point of view. That being said, I'd like to take a few moments to explain just what the concept entails in more plain, easily understandable terms. I'll update this post with any other questions that become noteworthy in the future.

Q: What is the Shining Company?

A: Basically, it's a group of like minded adventurers from miscelanious backgrounds coming together to perform a greater amount of service than they would individually. Less basically, , it's sort of a mixture between a classical trade charter house and mercenary company, sprinkled with elements of a private investigation firm and non-profit advocacy consultation group.

TL;DR: It's agroup of people, regardless of race or guild, who pool their efforts to build, fight, and investigate noteworthy incidents throughout the quarantine.

Q: What will we do?

A: This is something that's meant to act seperetely of the other IC organizations, like the University of Elemancy or the Artisans of the Western Coalition. So the idea is to give people specific crafting projects, or send them on individual task-like missions, or train people to be more capable combatants, or *potentially* pool efforts and perform a few special projects along the way, given the right resources, goal, and situation--

All goals and activities hypothetically depend entirely upon the characters involved and the scale of the idea at hand.

Q: That's sort of confusing and mind-boggling. Got a simpler answer?

A: Really, I hear a lot of people saying they're bored a lot. I'd like to change that! Give people more of a reason to interact, more things to do, more ideas of how to direct their characters' time. If possible, I'd really love to make some neat things happen, given the right resources. (E.G: Building a new gate for Shadgard, the previous thaelsh reclamation efforts, etc.)

There's just soo much oppurtunity for entertaining RP on Clok, and i'd love to help people find more of it.

Q: What sorts of characters are you looking for?

A: Any kinds of characters! All are welcome to apply. Combat centric, non-combat centric, guilded, non-guilded, and everything in between. If you feel like your characters values coincide with the company's, seek out recruitment oppurtunities!

Q: I have more than one character. Can my alternates take part, too?

A: House rule is 1 character per player within the company, if accepted. 1 alt per customer.

Q: My skills aren't the best. Is that okay?

A: Characters of all skill and ability are welcome. There is much, much more to roleplay, and taking part in combat and non combat activities alike than simple skill numbers. Not everybody likes to grind. That being said, skill will be a factor in some regard. Skill is a bonus, however, not a requirement.

Q: I'm a new player here on Clok and I'm not really all that familiar with the commands yet. Should I wait to join?

A: Much in the same way that high skill thresholds aren't a requirement, you don't have to be a clok mastermind to be a part of the company, either. If you're enthusiastic, like the concept, want to get yourself into more roleplay, or are looking for a way to grow more comfortable with the system and get a bit of advice on how to maximize your play style from an OOC/IC perspective, the Shining Company might be a great fit for you!

Q: Do I have to be good at fighting to be a part of the company?

A: Absolutely not. That being said, if you are a capable combatant, you're more than welcome, and still have a place in the company and a role to serve. If you're looking to grow more comfortable with combat-- particularly CHARACTER VERSUS CHARACTER combat-- The Shining Company can help with that, too!

Q: Who should I ask about admittence?

A: Founded by Zeldryn W. Havarrian the 3rd, track him, or one of his associates down In character for more information!

Q: I did an interview. Does that mean I'm in?

A: Nope. After the interview process concludes (Yes, you'll do an interview. Like a real job!) You'll be contacted at a later date seperate of that interaction informing you as to whether or not you've been accepted to the roster.

Q: Will I be expected to maintain any responsibilities?

A: Only if you want to. But every potential member's expected to follow a few guidelines, which will be explained IC when the time comes that the Compnay is considered operational.

Thanks for the time, patience, enthusiasm, creativity, and thoughtfulness involved in all RP affiliated with the Shining Company thus far. The clok community's made it a thoroughly entertaining venture to consider and act on so far, and I'm sure it will continue to do so for the forecastable future.

Return to “Player-Organized Events”