Deathly Masquerade Ball and Harvest Gathering

Kiyaani

Deathly Masquerade Ball and Harvest Gathering

Post by Kiyaani »

Hey all,

I know, it's still incredibly early to be thinking about Halloween/Thanksgiving type stuff. However, I'd like to get the ball (pun intended) rolling on this year's potential player-run events to celebrate the Deathly Masquerade Ball but also a less formal Harvest Gathering.

I'm thinking for the Deathly Masquerade we would probably hold it in Haiban since there are facilities there already and we've held it there before. Most people should have access since it's a neutral site. Costumes or formal dress requested. Masks required (if you can't afford one, I'll try to make sure there are some extra ones around). No weapons, no armor. There's a bar for drinks, but riln is required. Storytelling, poems, songs, encouraged. Dancing will be available and likely music (GM-willing). If anyone would like to contribute to the event in any way (cooking, decoration ideas, costume or mask ideas, co-hosting, in-game promotion etc.) let me know in this thread so we can get planning. This would be towards the end of October with tentative date being the 27th around 6pm game time and last until people get bored or GMs kick us out.

For Harvest Festival, this would probably be out in the wilderness at one of the campsites and be an informal gathering. Player contributions of food would be appreciated, but Saeda can buy stuff if necessary. Storytellers, musicians, performers welcome. This is an opportunity to socialize with no major agenda or lore behind it. Farmers are encouraged to bring their harvests to show off or sell. Cooks who might want to give a demonstration and cook on-site would be neat. It will likely take place towards the middle of November so as not to interfere with Thanksgiving - either on the 10th or 17th around 6-7pm game time and go until about 8-9pm game time. If people want to stay longer they can.

GM support would be greatly appreciated, as always. I believe there are mask and costume vendors from previous years that can be re-used or added to. If anyone would like to participate but has certain date or time restrictions, please let me know so we can try to work around those. I want anyone who wants to attend either or both events to be able to.

Comments, questions, concerns, ideas all welcome in this thread.
Mirazia

Re: Deathly Masquerade Ball and Harvest Gathering

Post by Mirazia »

It is never too early for Halloween things!!

Give me a shout if you need some GM goodness in this. I can bring around my merchants (and will be because yay Octum!) for special party wear, set up an area, help out with food and such.

Because yay Octum!
A greater lich looks over the posts on a large post board.

(Samani practically snarls as she consumes her flapjacks in one go.)

Dark powers surround Noctere and he brings forth his hands to summon... to summon... TO SUMMON!...
a handful of popcorn which appear on the ground with a slight POOF sound. Then Noctere leaves.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I would absolutely love any GM goodness you want to throw at this.

Merchants for custom costumes/masks is probably the most important. I know there are pre-made ones, but sometimes people want unique stuff for a certain idea or theme. Making sure there's a food station in the ballroom area (this is usually something GMs have done in the past), or some kind of memorial keepsake people can take home with them (an ornament, wall hanging, pin, or drinking vessel kind of thing). Either or both would be amazing.

I can help with menu, decorations, keepsakes, etc, but I like surprises too.
Mirazia

Post by Mirazia »

I know just the keepsake I will make.

Remember guys, the Octum Festival is also coming! Octum is so the best month.

Thanks as well, Kiyaani, for doing this. We'll do what we can to make things fun.

Dark powers surround Noctere and he brings forth his hands to summon... to summon... TO SUMMON!...
a handful of popcorn which appear on the ground with a slight POOF sound. Then Noctere leaves.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Neat! And thanks. I'll have Saeda send a letter out soon to the proprietor so any IC planning can get underway. Definitely looking forward to the Octum Festival as well!
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

I'll fit right in :D
vidor

Post by vidor »

Both of these look amazing. Thanks Kiyaani and GMs. I'll do my best to be available for either/both. :)
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Just a heads up - the planning for the Deathly Masquerade Ball is going really well. Thanks to the GMs for your support and the players for offering to help out with things. Everyone's enthusiasm is really getting me excited about this.

I'll try to remember to post an update in-game but at this time it looks like most things are being covered. If you still want to help out with anything in-character you're absolutely welcome to. Remember that seasonally appropriate stories, poems, songs, are also encouraged and just being present for RP is always rewarding in and of itself.

I'm planning to keep the originally stated date and time. I hope everyone who wants to come can, but remember there will always be other opportunities as well. Thanks all :)
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Just sending a reminder that the Deathly Masquerade Ball is happening on the 27th which is less than 2 weeks away. If you still need a costume or mask, you can find pre-made ones at the Octum Festival or send requests for custom items per the GM requests here:

Costumes:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6924

Masks:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6935

I hope to see you all there!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Remember that the Deathly Masquerade Ball is on Saturday. All are welcome (unless you're banned from Haiban and then - NO REMORSE). But seriously, I hope to see you all there :)
Mirazia

Post by Mirazia »

We're all ready for it! Outfits and masks have been mailed out to everyone and the area is ready to go!

Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Hey all!

Thanks to the players and GMs who worked on the Ball last month and for all your participation. I just wanted to say I'm not going to be heading up the 2nd half of this - the Harvest Gathering. I've been way too busy with stuff. If anyone else wants to take charge, have at it, but otherwise we'll go ahead and leave it with the Ball. Thanks again for making the Deathly Masquerade Ball a great success. It was fun seeing so many people be able to come and enjoy the event.

Return to “Player-Organized Events”