Events Planning

Kiyaani

Events Planning

Post by Kiyaani »

Hey guys,

Some of us were thinking it would be fun to have more player-run events. If you have an idea for an event (either one you want to run or just one you want to see run) please post it here. If you see an event idea posted and want to take charge of it, please start your own thread and go for it. Some events might be more suited for one character to run over another, but we can all help with planning and preparation. The more ideas the better :)

Thanks!
Kiyaani

Re: Events Planning

Post by Kiyaani »

So far two events have been suggested:

A bonfire cookout/get-together

An outdoorsy competition/crafting day - fishing, woodworking, cooking etc.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Dorn chases people through a field of corn while wielding a scythe. He kills everyone one by one, until the most unarmed and defenseless looking person manages to kill him with a rock. LET IT BE ARRANGED.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I actually was thinking of trying a ritual in the Shadgard mine, something to honor the Mountan Father and ask him to bless the mine and those in it.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I've been wanting to run a player-run craft festival of sorts for ages and ages. I just have to get my own details in order. I may have mentioned it to the GMs in an e-mail.

Bonfires are fun. Wish there was a way for them to not be a blood bath though. This is me looking at you, Dorn.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

You guys make it sound like every time Dorn shows up someone dies. Or is hurt. That's quite an exaggeration.
~Dorn
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Dorn wrote:You guys make it sound like every time Dorn shows up someone dies. Or is hurt. That's quite an exaggeration.
Perhaps it is, but it's still a concern! The man has a reputation!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

--until the most unarmed and defenseless looking person manages to kill him with a rock---

You mean Solaje is invited??
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

In honesty though, even more casual stuff like that coffee shop relax that happened in Haiban would possibly go down well. Get people together, neutral environment, and let the topic range however it may with no other strings.
~Dorn
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

We're starting to get some good ideas here. If anyone wants to take charge of one please feel free. For more casual stuff - just see if there are people on and invite over the network. I've done it in the past - hey all, who wants drinks at <location> and it generally works pretty well for just getting together.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I am always up for a casual meeting. Those tend to be the best since it's player-driven more than anything. I plan to initiate more of these. Just waiting for my schedule to become a bit more predictable again so I can post the more important stuff on the events board and around towns.
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

So, I mentioned this on chat earlier today (yesterday now, I guess?) but my grand plan/Zahrah's grand plan because she's the socialite over here is to host one IC event each month. At least. I might do two in a month if one is small/easy/wouldn't require much planning (like my tea party idea). And I'll be doing them at varying times (some day events, some evening events) because I know we're all in different time zones. I'll list some of the event ideas I have so far. If there's anything anyone else would like to see, feel free to let me know! If it's within Zahrah's general realm of interest, she'd host it!

Pending Events:
  • Outdoor picnic/tea party (probably next thing up; I want to see Dorn with a dainty teacup)
  • Some sort of play with PC actors
  • A masked ball/costume ball
  • A week long festival (toward the end of the year; will require mucho planning)
  • Horse race (would be an RP event/will work out logistics later)
  • Gambling tournament/stupidly decadent Burgundy House party
  • Sparring tournament/GLADIATOR GAMES (logistics worked out later)
  • Talent competition thingy
  • Group hunt followed by bonfire feast/roasting meat time
And that's all I've gotten so far. I think I've gotten properly settled into CLOK and I understand the mechanics enough now to play around with them and think up some creative things. I like RP events. Be prepared for incoming RP events!
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: You're a fucking amazing RPer. +1000

Dorn bluntly asks, "And does it appear I have a wagon in my pocket?"
You quip, "It would honestly not surprise me if you did."

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

It's really awesome that y'all are doing stuff, keep it up!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Other ideas:

Cooking demonstration
Farming demonstration and Co-Op
Pumpkin carving (GMs have done this in the past as submissions for an NPC carver, but it can always just be ritual/rp'd)
Snowman building (this has been done before and was pretty fun)
Tributes to Immortals
Poetry contest
Singing contest
Cooking contest
Biggest/best produce or fish contest
Wrestling/boxing match
Housewarming Parties
Formal Dinner
Formal Tea
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I know people have done things in the past to help specific causes:

- Charity Ball (could be a per-plate kind of entrance fee or minimum donation to attend or just pay as you're able)
- Charity Auction (player crafted items donated toward a cause)

Drives - These are really easy to run and super informal with little planning. Just post requests for specific item types on the town boards or send letters and send the results to whatever NPC heads that cause.
- Toy Drive
- Clothing Drive
- Food Drive
artus

Post by artus »

Remember the chocolate handout Saeldor and I hosted last year? May be I should do it again this year or something.:p
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.

Return to “Player-Organized Events”