Samhain ritual

Tangela
CLOK Patron

Samhain ritual

Post by Tangela »

The Samhain season is a time of preparation for the winter, and for remembering the lives of those who have come before. It is often seen as the beginning of the dark half of the year, and is also known as the pagan new year. To that end, I'd like to invite you all to join me for a 2-part ritual next week, Monday November 7th at 6:00 PM mountain, 8:00 PM eastern.

We will start with a short time of socialization and a meal before moving into the ritual.

During the first part, we will take the time to honor those who have come before us. Each person will write on a slip of paper the name of the one they wish to honor, burning their slip and speaking the name aloud and giving a short (1-7 sentence) speech of what that person meant to them. Ooc: this can be a character who hasn't played for a long time, or a figure from your character's IC background.

During the second part, we will take another peace of paper and write on one side of it something we want to do more of in the upcoming year, and something we want to banish about ourselves that we have noticed in the past year. Those who wish to speak their writings may do so before burning them, those who don't, can simply say something else appropriate or have a short moment of silence before burning theirs.

Things I would like you to bring with you, though I will try to have extra on-hand:

2 pieces of parchment, scrolls, or other paper

A quill

Bread, wine, fruit, or an edible herb, for an offering

If there is extra time, I will also be available to make charms for people or have consultations about other ritual work you might like dine. .

If you play an instrument, cook, or have some other talent which you wish to contribute, or if you want to help me prepare the space ahead of time, please contact Aleari in-game.
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Re: Samhain ritual

Post by Tangela »

Can I get an idea how many people to expect for this?
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Unfortunately, I will likely be at work during these times. I'd have liked to attend, but it seems I might not make it.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I'll try, but been impossibly busy the last week or so, and may not be able to manage. Hope it goes well though, they usually are when you do stuff like this.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

Hello,

So since this time and date didn't work for most people, and I ended up without my laptop at the time, I'm going to try to reschedule this. To preiman, Dakhal and any other interested parties, when do you think you would be able to make it?
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

I'm usually available after 9PM Central time, or 10PM server time. I don't have any real time off this week, so my availability is limited to the later hours of the day.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Blackwidow

Post by Blackwidow »

I really wanted to attend this, along with other events but living in the UK means I can't often make them as they normally happen far too late. :( I understand I'm a minority and don't expect people to make things earlier just for me. But I tend to go to bed about around midnight, which is five pm mountain time if I've worked it out correctly. So it would have to be early afternoon... :( Stupid time zones!
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.” - Sir Walter Scott.

Return to “Player-Organized Events”