River's Winter Solstice Party

Alexander

River's Winter Solstice Party

Post by Alexander »

River has shown interest in throwing another Winter Solstice Party this year. In an attempt to help her prepare, I am posting here in addition to her post on the Shadgard town board.

Please post if you have a desire to attend. Last year there was a most excellent feast, a gift exchange, and a number of after-dinner games that were played. I have suggested that she throw the party the weekend after Christmas so as not to conflict with the real-world holiday and the busy season leading up to it.

Please RSVP with River via in-game post as soon as possible so that she may plan the party accordingly, and assign gift exchange recipients if she plans to include that as part of the event again this year.

Edit: Regarding the gift exchange, last year the GMs offered special services to help participants procure particularly excellent gifts to be given. Many offered enhancements or benefits beyond what is typically seen in game. There were also noteworthy prizes for the game winners, which I presume the GMs provided as well.
Last edited by Alexander on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Lae

Post by Lae »

I'll be attending!
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Would it be possible to have this at a neutral location so those of us from the Outpost can attend? There's not really enough of us to have our own shindig and I think we could behave for one night.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

I think it would be nice for all us to get together to celebrate this time of year, as long as there are strict rules of no PK from anyone. :)
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Anyone who PKed at such an event would be a horrible person.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Xzean

Post by Xzean »

You aren't fooling a single person Acarin!
"The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of farce, and gives it some of the grace of tragedy." `Steven Weinburg
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Actually, I think I can behave myself for one night...
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Is there a date set for this or should we just mail people their gifts? If you're still having it in Shadgard I'll use mail anyway.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Is this tonight? :)
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

For those who don't know, River posted on the board that she had to move the date of the party.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Really looking forward to this! :)
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Thanks for planning this, River. It was fun!
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Yes big thanks River, it was nifty! And thanks to the GM's for the behind the scenes work. Especially Zoiya for making all my gifts! :)

Return to “Player-Organized Events”