Summer Solstice Party

Elystole

Summer Solstice Party

Post by Elystole »

It's been a pretty rough year so far what with cultists and everything else, so Elystole is thinking a party would be good to lighten things up for a day. The summer solstice is this Saturday, July 21, and that's as good a reason as any.

I'm not thinking of anything too fancy and am leaning towards a giant potluck. We'll open up the Shadgard party pavilion and people can bring whatever they want: Their favorite foods, drinks, instruments, games, whatever. Plus I want to open the party up to the town, and I get the feeling that Shadgard folk are the type to like the opportunity to show off their best pies, brews, or tricks to one another. There'll be some food and drinks provided to get things started.

So what time works best for everyone?
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Kiyaani

Re: Summer Solstice Party

Post by Kiyaani »

I assume you mean June 21?
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Kiyaani wrote:I assume you mean June 21?
Oops. Yes, June 21.
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
criticalfault

Post by criticalfault »

I'd be game for anytime saturday! I'll see about setting some time aside. I'd only ask for it to be more of an afternoon thing than an evening thing so our over seas players can attend, but as always, majority rules! The toughest choice is which character to bring! I look forward to your event!
Jhordon -(Struck by lightning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69NaSUdzzA
Cigano - (Friends on the other side) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

So I got an opportunity to check out the party pavilion and the place is pretty nice! There's already food, drink, and music.
1. a slice of chocolate-frosted white cake ...
2. some fruit punch ..........................
3. some Farn's Beer ..........................
4. some ginger ale ...........................
5. some Warrek's Ale .........................
6. a maple wheatcake .........................
7. a slice of blackberry pie .................
8. a slice of emberberry pie .................
9. a buttered scone ..........................
10. a blackberry scone .......................
11. an emberberry tart .......................
12. a blackberry tart ........................
13. a pewter mug ............................. (20 riln)
14. a pewter tankard ......................... (20 riln)
15. a confetti popper ........................ (5 riln)
16. some Gardic beer .........................
So I guess people can just bring stuff if they want to share. It sounds like what we'd need more of is entertainment.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

I'm leaning towards either 4pm or 6pm server time. Any preferences?
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

So I decided to split the difference and go with 5pm server time. Posts are going up on the town boards for IC notice. Anyone is welcome to come so long as the militia isn't angry at you.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

hopefully I can make it for part of the time. sadly my Sat is booked for a rl party.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I wanted to take a moment to thank Elystole for initiating this event. I also wanted to thank the GM who decided to give us a pleasant although slightly saddening surprise. It was fun from beginning to end.
Here's for more to come!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

I'm sorry I couldn't make this, I was planning to but something came up IRL. I hope you all had fun though and I hope to attend more of these events in the future!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I didn't get to stay for very long, but it was fun!
The lore compels me!

Return to “Player-Organized Events”