A Story of the Box God

Alila

A Story of the Box God

Post by Alila »

This was entirely spontaneous, mostly sleep-deprived-written and silly, but hopefully at least a little bit funny to read.

You dubiously say, "Oh no, one more of these famous pendant discussions."

Speaking to Aegeus, you curiously ask, "What was it about?"

Aegeus says, his voice muffled by a greathelm, "It was about... elemancy, and sorcery."

Speaking to Aegeus, you speculatively ask, "What about elemancy and sorcery?"

Aegeus says, his voice muffled by a greathelm, "A white person called them magic and some others disagreed. then he said you have to worship gods in order to channel sorcery."

(Shailah rolls her eyes.)

Echlin stares off into the distance.

Aegeus rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You jokingly speculate, "Is there a box god?"

Aegeus asks, his voice muffled by a greathelm, "What?"

Aegeus says, his voice muffled by a greathelm, "Box gods. hmmm."

Echlin absently says, "No, but there is a furness god. We put things into the..."

Echlin says, "Never mind."

You dramatically pose, "Goodbox, Lord of keys, doors, boxes, and all of the things not open."

Aegeus says, his voice muffled by a greathelm, "But keys can't... i mean keys are not open they just open things."

Speaking to Aegeus, you solemnly explain, "All of the things not open will one day be open, so Goodbox is very powerful and wise and watches over these keys to opening all of the things."

Echlin nods her head thoughtfully.

Aegeus nods slowly.

Aegeus asks, his voice muffled by a greathelm, "And um what is his story?"

Aegeus tilts his head.

You cheerfully agree, "I will tell you about the story of Goodbox, the God of Boxes, Lord of doors, keys, boxes, and all of the things not open."

Echlin absently says, "Is it that the bad people hid all of his things in a cupboard and locked it, so he... oh, no, that's boring."

Speaking to you, Aegeus thoughtfully says, his voice muffled by a greathelm, "I shall listen."

Aegeus smiles.

6 bell peals sound through the area, signaling the time.

You sadly begin, "A very very long long...looong time ago, so many longs agos no one is knowing how long, there was a person walking on a mountain, looking for food. He was very hungry, and his family was very hungry too, and if he was not finding food soon then everyone was going to die, this is how hungry they were."

Aegeus winces.

Echlin frowns.

You thoughtfully continue, "This person was walking on the mountain for a long time, but not so long that people were not knowing about it...maybe two days, or three or five....but it was a very empty mountain, there was not so many animals or trees on it. But after all of this time walking, so now he was thirsty too, the man went inside of a cave."

You curiously explain, "It was a little cave, he was bending down and crawling to go inside, and when he was inside the man saw some leafs and sticks and dirt. "How strange," was thinking the man. "This mountain is growing no trees, so where are these sticks and leafs coming from?" And he was looking around the cave, tired and confused, so he saw there was tracks in the dirt."

You wonderingly elaborate, "They were very very little tracks, it was not a person like him making them, so he was having to lower his head and watch carefully to follow them to a hole in the wall of this cave. But when he found the hole he was so curious about who was living here, even if they were a tiny thing, so he put his ear close to the hole and was listening for something...but he was not hearing anything. So then he put his mouth close to the hole. "Hellooo?" says this man."

Aegeus nods slowly.

You surprisedly say, "And someone was talking back! Only they were not sounding so happy..."

Echlin frowns.

You angrily declare, ""You cannot have them!" was shouting this tiny voice from inside of the hole. "Go away from our food and sticks and things, they are for me and my family, so we are not dying from being so hungry!"."

Echlin blinks.

A single faint chime sounds through the area, signalling the time.

You sadly reply, ""Ah...I am so sorry, mysterious tiny voice," is saying the man, he was feeling bad because he was knowing about being hungry and other people being hungry. "I am not wanting to take your leafs and sticks and dirt from you because I am understanding about these feelings...I am hungry and thirsty, and my family is hungry and thirsty too. How can I help you, so we are not being hungry and thirsty together?"."

You conspiratorially say, "But now the tiny voice was feeling bad, it was only very scared before not so much angry, someone so very big was coming into its very very big cave...and now they were sounding sorry and not angry or anything."

You sympathetically reply, ""Do not worry," it says. "Your niceness is helping enough. It is hard finding food here, and if you are not taking it then I am not an enemy to you. But...I am having this thing, and it is not food or water or anything to me, so maybe you are knowing about it? It can be a present for you, so we are friends now."."

You thoughtfully continue, "So the man is watching the hole, moving away so the mysterious tiny voice can come outside...and from the hole comes a tiny black rat. And the rat is carrying something, a tiny box. She leaves it for him. "This is for you, I hope it is helping you somehow."."

Echlin nods.

Aegeus nods slowly.

Aegeus blinks.

Echlin gazes up at the night sky.

Echlin distractedly says, "Bye bye, moon."

Aegeus gazes up at the night sky.

You puzzledly ask, "The man is so confused...why is he needing this square thing? It is not food or water or something to help his family. but he is not wanting to be mean because the black rat left him a present. So he leaves the cave with his box and is walking the mountain again. And when the night comes to the sky he is alone, still having nothing for eating, but he is holding the box and thinking about it. What could it be for? What can it do?"

Two faint chimes sound through the area, signalling the time.

Hidenari arrives from the south.

You dreamily say, "So when he is sleeping, he dreams about the cave, but in the dream the cave is different...the cave is so much bigger. The leafs are very big too, bigger than him and they are a little wet, like after the fog in the morning, but all of the drops are so much water, enough water for him and his family. And all of the sticks are like trees, they are enough wood to make things. And inside of the dirt are worms and beetles like the biggest rocks, enough food to eat."

Hidenari bows at the waist.

Hidenari walks over to a bench.

Hidenari sits down on a bench.

Aegeus nods to Hidenari in greeting.

Hidenari turns toward you.

(Hidenari leans slightly forwards, listening closely.)

Echlin smiles.

You brightly say, "The man is awake in the morning, but now he is nowing why the black rat was so mad before, how the tiny things to him can be big things for other people and big things for others can be so tiny to him. He goes back to the cave then."

Aegeus smiles.

You excitedly announce, ""My friend tiny mysterious voice, I am thinking I know the answer to your puzzle!" he is saying, bending down in front of the little-big cave. "And I am not being able to answer the puzzle without your help. So will you help me, so we can be friends?"."

You dubiously say, "The black rat is not so sure...this was a strange thing to her, and this man is almost bigger than her house, but she was saying yesterday about being friends, so. "What do you need, big man? Are you knowing more about my mysterious thing after all?"."

Echlin gazes up at the night sky.

You confidently confirm, ""Yes, I think this will open and there is something on the inside, but my fingers are too big for the top," he explains. "So I need your help because you are more small, to open the box."."

Three faint chimes sound through the area, signalling the time.

You disappointedly say, "But the black rat is only shaking her head to the man. "Nooo, I am too little, the top will not lift for me, I am not so strong. It is an impossible puzzle."."

Hidenari gazes up at the night sky.

Echlin frowns.

Aegeus looks puzzled.

You confidently reassure, ""No no, it is all right, I am having a plan," he says back. "Bring me a piece from one of your leafs and this thing will be open. We will know what is inside!"."

Aegeus smiles.

Aegeus nods slowly.

You explain, "The rat is confused, but goes into the cave and bites away a big piece from her most big leaf, they are dry now because the sun ate the water from them in the morning, and she pulls it outside with all of her strength. "Here then, show me about your plan," she tells to him, putting the leaf piece in front of him."

You triumphantly continue, "The man is smiling, he picks up the tiny leaf piece and puts it into the edge of the box and the top it is tiny enough to fit, and pushes, opening the box!"

Aegeus smiles.

Echlin beams happily at you!

You wonderingly muse, "And inside of the box..."

Echlin arches an eyebrow.

You wonderingly say, "Inside of the box they see another tiny mountain with thirsty hungry families on it, and a tiny forest for them to find the leafs and sticks, and when he is looking up he is seeing the sky is like the inside of a box, very very far away..."

Telros arrives from the north.

Telros waves.

Telros yawns.

Hidenari rubs his chin thoughtfully.

You cryptically conclude, "And this is the story of the Box God, where every little thing is like every big thing, and even if everything will always be closed, there is always a way to open it somewhere if we are looking enough."

Echlin smiles at you.

Aegeus smiles at you.

Speaking to you, Aegeus warmly says, his voice muffled by a greathelm, "This was a very interesting storry. I liked it! Thank you."

Speaking to you, Telros says, "I hear the box god's followers live in boxes themselves."

Echlin agrees with Aegeus.

Echlin rubs her chin thoughtfully.

You wink at Telros.

Echlin absently wonders, "Am I a box god follower..."

Speaking to Telros, you lightly joke, "I am hearing this too, some of us call it Box Mountain and when we are climbing it for too long we are hungry and thirsty."
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Zeldryn

Re: A Story of the Box God

Post by Zeldryn »

*loud, uproarious applause*
Vaelin

Post by Vaelin »

Love it.
Box for the Box God! Keys for the Key throne!
Loona
GM

Post by Loona »

I very much enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing!
Speaking to Dionisia, Eagalon apologetically says, "I am sorry that you also had to suffer this time too. but i definitely think that some arse hole is targetting me."
Dionisia says, "I could barely see in front of me."
Vlora says, "Is someone just really ripping a good one everywhere they go."
Aelarra quietly says, "Definitely an aeromancer."
[EVENTCHAT Uyoku]: Sorry cat laying in tap, tying hard.
esthy

Post by esthy »

I enjoyed being a part of this. Thank you for a fun time. :)

Return to “Character Stories & Histories”