Into the rushing waters..

Lae

Into the rushing waters..

Post by Lae »

She sits by the river, turning a small flower over in her fingers as she squints up at the sun. Without a word or backward glance, she stands and dives into the rushing water...and doesn't surface again.

(OOC: Well, that's it. I'm done. You win! I am sick of constantly having every single action, thought or roleplay that I take part in being dissected and pulled apart by someone who doesn't even have any idea of what they are talking about. I would rather throw years of grinding, character development and roleplay down the drain than continue to exist to be maligned and harassed.

To those that I've had the opportunity to RP with in the past: Thank you. There are a lot of characters who have worked together to become a significant force to be reckoned with. We've laughed, cried, argued and done some really crazy things together and some amazing STORIES came out of it. I have never been a part something so awesome before, and I doubt I will again.

To those I haven't met yet : I've seen what some of you have been doing. I've been exceedingly impressed. Don't stop. Don't let anyone else on this MUD tell you how to develop your character. If you stand behind your RP and you feel like you're doing your vision right. Keep going. There are plenty of people who will tell you that you're doing it wrong, but unless that person is a GM, ignore it. You are the only person who can make that call.

Thank you all so much for making me part of your world for the time I was here. I won't forget any of it.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Kunren

Re: Into the rushing waters..

Post by Kunren »

I've not had much chance for RP with you, you've always been outside of my characters circle of peeps, but I've gathered that you had a very interesting story going and have had lots of difficulties with her. Good job on making a great character for clok, I'm sorry you feel she has to go, and hope that you might come back as someone new to the lands one day.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
sona

Post by sona »

My times with Lae have always been pleasant little chats and meals, sorry to see Lae go, even if we didn't get to RP that much together. I was looking forward to getting a chance to someday work on cooking with Lae.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Sorry to see it come to this. Lae has given me some of my most memorable moments on CLOK, and it's sad to see it cut short. At least we can say we took that ride together. >_<
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

It's sad to see a prominent character on CLOK go.

I really enjoyed a lot of the RP that Jilliana and Lae got involved in. She taught Jill a lot of what she knows about CLOK lore and background.

RIP, character Lae.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Even if I haven't been playing, I'm genuinely sad to see this happened. Lae has been, without a doubt, one of the best characters to interact with in my time on Clok, through multiple characters. I'll still maintain that Lae was hands down the best Monastic Order PC I've ever experienced as well.

I'm sorry things have been causing you stress, to the point that you're retiring Lae, but I hope you can find some peace and joy in another character.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

It's so sad that things have gotten so bad that you felt a need to get rid of Lae. She was a wonderful character, one who changed and grew and went through hardships and came out the other side. She could draw in anyone around her, and her pies and invitations to dinner were almost a CLOK tradition. It's hard to put into words how great Lae was; in fact, it's hard to imagine a CLOK without her.

But CLOK characters have long memories. Lae will be remembered fondly until CLOK ceases to exist, reminisced and mourned. She's truly made her mark on the world. She'll live on through all our stories about her, until the most disappointed people will be those who never got the chance to meet her. I hope you end up making a new character, one free from all her baggage, and continue making CLOK a brighter and more interesting place.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I never thought the time would pass that Lae would not return to the land of the living, nor when the one who blew life in her depart from the lands. I hope this is only a hiatus and not a true departure. Even while away for years now, when I peek back in, under a new name, or an old face echoes of the stories you touched were still vibrant, that was something nice to try and pull back and piece together again. Where you go, good story tends to always follow in your wake, you'll have your peaks once again, they won't be the same, they'll be something different, unique but above all, enjoyable. Just don't chuck frying pans at me the next time we meet, kay?
Kent

Post by Kent »

Say it isn't so.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

<3
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Uandir

Post by Uandir »

And there goes the character that gave me a bit/most of my intended story...will be missed.
Barius

Post by Barius »

And I really do hope whoever drove Lae out of the game will be feeling shame for a long time.

Return to “Character Stories & Histories”