Vandraxas' Quandary

Vandraxas

Vandraxas' Quandary

Post by Vandraxas »

The morning service ran shorter than usual and I was thankful. The days were growing warmer and the ceremonial vestments became a great deal more stifling as the sun approached midday. At the end of the procession, I followed the monks as they moved outside to speak with the parishioners, I stayed off to the side of the mingling still somewhat in the shade the sanctuary provided.

From the corner of my eye I saw a blur of teal and ivory silk and suddenly she was in front of me. Her attire and features all gave away her Viali birth but even if I could not discern that, I knew because I recognized her face. Commander Gaius’ sister, the catalyst for my self-imposed exile to the Lost Lands.

“How dare you come here” her voice was more womanly than I remember. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t scream, shouldn’t tell them who you are.” She spoke just above a whisper but her tone was harsh and stinging. “Better yet, why I shouldn’t kill you in this very moment and watch your blood spill out across the ground...”

I have known humans to be creatures prompt to overreact, the Viali tend to be quite reserved but I have seen many be as capable of theatrics as the next Parren troubadour. Nothing in her voice or body language suggested this was a bluff, even more so when she reached for a dagger within the pendant sleeve of her cotehardie. Still I returned her fury with an aloof glance and unchanging expression.

While I pondered a course of action, one of the elder monks came up behind her and said, “Lady Octavia, you won’t get much from our young Vandraxas. He has said nothing besides his chants since he arrived here over a year ago.” The monk paused to smack his lips together, running his tongue along the inside of his mouth to moisten it. “Came from the capitol with a vow of silence until his light is as strong as it once was. Probably got a bit to say though, given such.” The brown-robed monk grinned widely, displaying his yellowed teeth as he walked away.

The Viali girl turned back to me and squinted her ice blue-grey eyes. “I suppose that means you and I are going to be seeing a lot of each other.”
Kardys

Re: Vandraxas' Quandary

Post by Kardys »

You so sexy

Return to “Character Stories & Histories”