Suggestion: Church Member Registry

Adaria
Mentor

Suggestion: Church Member Registry

Post by Adaria »

Hello!

This just occured to me while sitting here playing and wanted to post it because ithink it could be helpful.

I'd love to see some sort of church registry of members of both the Monastic order and Knights Templar and possibly their current addresses if applicable for those working in the lost lands. One book listing both in their own sections or something like that.

I see this as serving a great function for if something is being planned and we need to get ahold of members of the church, even those our characters may not know personally, but giving us a chance to contact them and probably some other things I'm just not thinking of at the moment.

So, yeah, that's my thought, what do you guys think?
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.
Vitello

Re: Suggestion: Church Member Registry

Post by Vitello »

Makes sense that the Church would have it documented somewhere. Who gets access to it?
Adaria
Mentor

Post by Adaria »

I forgot to mention that, I was thinking for the church's use only when I thought of this.
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

+1
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I support the idea of a registry of names and positions, though the inclusion of address should perhaps be optional based on the individual's preference. A name is all that is required to send mail, after all.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I'd like to see this implemented as well. It would be nice for if we need to send out communications to other members.
ydia

Post by ydia »

Moving this up.
I also think this is a good idea.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Only problem I see with it is that not all monks or Templar are pcs. And while it might be fun to have all of those npcs names, the GMs probably don't exactly named every vnpc monk or Templar in the lands.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
ydia

Post by ydia »

Maybe just have an active/currently in town list?
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Acarin will be contacting his church mole for black market sale of this listing. Please implement it as soon as possible. Looking forward to the carnage.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I did actually start working on a guild registry system last year, though it went unfinished. I'll make a note of it so I don't forget it again.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “The Church of Light”