My issue with church strictness

Vitello

My issue with church strictness

Post by Vitello »

It is so serious.

If you look at it it makes you think the heroes this worlds needs. Why wield light in clok when you can in the real world?
Elystole

Re: My issue with church strictness

Post by Elystole »

Is this a real complaint?
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Lae

Post by Lae »

The Church always had rules, and some of them were somewhat strict. Finally we have some deeper explanation on what is expected of us and I , for one, have welcomed the changes and the challenge.

You have a choice whether or not to join either of these guilds, if it is too strict for you, you can go elsewhere.

Sorry to be blunt, but that really is the bottom line.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

I have to agree with Lae. Unlike some of the other guilds in CLOK, The Church of Light(and to some extent the Claw) are difficult because it calls characters to decide if they want to play characters that have to act in accordance with a certain code of conduct, or make difficult decisions. In the case of the church, when applying, it is stated that it's going to be hard and that your actions are open to public opinion. However, there is a counter to this.
-The ability to heal(a mechanical thing that these two guilds can do)
-The chance for RP of a different nature
-A chance to, From an IC perspective, be mentors and helpers of others.(my opnion)

The trade off of these things is that you really have to make an attempt to be nice, compassionate, loving, non-judgmental, etc. Not everyone is perfect so sometimes you will find yourself dimmed and it may be that you may have to search into why your character does what he/she does. I think it might take viewing yourself as a person, but there is reward in it, because it's a challenge and more than can I take on this mob or that other player. These two guilds allow for opportunities to grow and change along with your character and it's what makes them special.

I view the rules as a sort of model of how I want lavi to become when he grows into what I want him to be. And it's ok to disagree with the rules, but they are what they are. But I hope you stick with it.
[ESP-GRAY - Shadowy-Gray]: No no (player) , you were right, it's wonderful. I think I'll send in my application today. I can't wait to partake in the parties there. I just have one question, will I need to kidnap my own child, or will there be some there for those who are un able to.
Vitello

Post by Vitello »

Philosophical/moral blathering I suppose. Just hard to enjoy guilt free.

Why worry about the road chests being stocked when there is a food pantry that needs volunteers?

Why assist the Shadgard Orphanage when there are underprivileged kids with educations equivelant to half their age in the real world cities?

Why wage war on Nethrim when crime and drugs are the taint in our societies?

I think 'how can I do good in Arad' and get stuck thinking 'maybe I should get off my ass and do some good in the real world'.

It is easier for me to relate to playing villians as it is something I can't or shouldn't be in real life.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Vitello wrote:I think 'how can I do good in Arad' and get stuck thinking 'maybe I should get off my ass and do some good in the real world'.
I count this as a win.
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

To be or not to be.. a monk. Since I'm not going to play one in CLOK, I'm from this point forward training myself in real world applications of my inner light.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I can understand how this can be a bit of a struggle, but I agree with Lae.
You do have a choice in the end and what ultimately happens to your character is up to you.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “The Church of Light”