Rooms in the Tse Gaiyan barracks

Tangela
CLOK Patron

Rooms in the Tse Gaiyan barracks

Post by Tangela »

It would be really cool if there were individual rooms in the barracks, that way members who wanted one would have a place to sleep and store some equipment.
They could have locks, with members given keys to a specific room, or just have the rooms and let members work on the honor system.
What do you all think?
Sleilax

Re: Rooms in the Tse Gaiyan barracks

Post by Sleilax »

This would actually be really convenient especially since the Chapterhouse is pretty far from civilization.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

This has been discussed but once again the problem of alts come into play. almost every person that plays this game has an udemi or utasa alt. So this would need to accomadate something like 200 people...which is bigger than any town anywhere near its same size. as well as a few other problems, its something i keep thinking about but will need some more thought on logistics. i considered doing an inn like thing, but if we had 8 rooms...how will even a 10th of the orgaization use it? we also have the *best* guild facilities in the game, hands down, no questions asked. (Which is why so many people joined i imagine, plus the plots).

So suggestions to those specific issues? id love to put in something, communial rooms work..but storage wont be a thing without privacy.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
Sleilax

Post by Sleilax »

I'm not sure what is possible in this sort of code base but the way I've seen it done on LPC muds was 'instancing'. You go to the Inn or guild housing room and basically check yourself in and you are brought to your private room. There isn't 200+ individual doors or anything.
Barius

Post by Barius »

How does the Mercenary barracks work then? Would it not function on the same principle?
Zeik

Post by Zeik »

I was wondering about that too. Mercs have barracks and so do Monks, though admittedly there are fewer monks, not sure how many mercs there are. What if you did a number of different things, considering the area is very large, you could do barracks like the mercs in one area, an inn in another and something like treehouses in another area. People then have a choice of what kind of living style (and cost) they want. Maybe even charge a fee for the barracks, just much less than an inn/home.

Also, I was wondering why there isn't a bank (unless I missed it). I assume it just doesn't fit with the lore or something but I would much rather keep my riln where I try and spend it than trekking it a town to get it.
Barius

Post by Barius »

I think a barter system would do well in the TGC. Maybe give the option of trading alongside spending riln.

As for the bunks issue, it seems strange to me to limit the system based on the number of players. If you (More for Rias, not you Vinz) have a vision of the future for Clok to have many players, many players will have alts. Unless you start really putting the hammer down on numbers of alts, which likely won't make people happy, you're going to run into issues anyway if you try to limit things based on a low population.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I don't think the Chapterhouse is supposed to a place where Tse Gaiyan live, but rather a place they can stop in to meet, organize, train, resupply, temporarily rest, etc. They don't have room to provide private living quarters for every member of their organization in the Chapterhouse, and they shouldn't - that's not the Chapterhouse's purpose. Here's what I think could work:

- Keep the barracks as it is now (I think). A room (maybe add a few rooms) with a bunch of beds and communal furniture/storage. This is a place for Tse Gaiyan to crash if they need it, not a private living space.
- Add a bank/storage vault. Personal belongings can now be safely stored in the Chapterhouse for those who want to do so. I believe there should be storage fees as normal - Tse Gaiyan is a large organization, and they pay their members for doing guild work. They require a lot of money to operate, and can't afford to give out freebies.
- Add a small number of rentable private rooms on the inn system. The system is designed so that a person needs to be active in order to maintain rent of the room, that way someone can't just buy a room and keep it from everyone else forever, even if they're inactive for long periods.

If a member of Tse Gaiyan wants a permanent private living space, they should buy a home.
The lore compels me!
baerden

Post by baerden »

Rias wrote:I don't think the Chapterhouse is supposed to a place where Tse Gaiyan live, but rather a place they can stop in to meet, organize, train, resupply, temporarily rest, etc. They don't have room to provide private living quarters for every member of their organization in the Chapterhouse, and they shouldn't - that's not the Chapterhouse's purpose. Here's what I think could work:

- Keep the barracks as it is now (I think). A room (maybe add a few rooms) with a bunch of beds and communal furniture/storage. This is a place for Tse Gaiyan to crash if they need it, not a private living space.
- Add a bank/storage vault. Personal belongings can now be safely stored in the Chapterhouse for those who want to do so. I believe there should be storage fees as normal - Tse Gaiyan is a large organization, and they pay their members for doing guild work. They require a lot of money to operate, and can't afford to give out freebies.
- Add a small number of rentable private rooms on the inn system. The system is designed so that a person needs to be active in order to maintain rent of the room, that way someone can't just buy a room and keep it from everyone else forever, even if they're inactive for long periods.

If a member of Tse Gaiyan wants a permanent private living space, they should buy a home.
My vote is for the bolded section. 15 rooms or so :)

Return to “Tse Gaiyan”