Varied Props and Mummer Items

A group of storytellers, musicians, performers, magicians!
Marauder

Varied Props and Mummer Items

Post by Marauder »

It's fun stuff suggestion time, quite literally. This is just a list of items I'd like to see being sold in the Mummer Camp, in the 'empty' southern part. Some esoteric and some mundane, but most if not all should be Mummer-restricted.

Articles of clothing:
1. Masks! I'd love to see a shop selling customizable-upon-order masks of several compositions, such as varied woods and porcelain. You could, for example, order a red-painted oak boar mask, or a relatively plain porcelain happy mask (http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/320/b/7/happy_mask_by_mysticmorning-d32zkg4.png for image representation).
2. Assorted patchwork clothes, such as multi-color patchwork silk cloaks.

Weapons:
1. False weaponry. Items that look real and deadly, that are, upon closer examination, nonlethal or just plain fake. Stuff that could mimic certain basic weaponry appearances, but have no actual edge or be made out of an entirely different material. Like, "an iron longsword" could actually be made out of wood and painted to extreme detail to look real. Maybe even enchanted a little bit to that purpose. These could be used as props.
2. Juggling materials, like wooden balls of varied sorts, and appropriately balanced knives that could tie in with a juggling ability, to allow hurling weapons rapidly.
3. A spring-loaded staff that allows an extra attack and does slightly more damage than a normal one, however it has lower parry rate due to being harder to keep steady and could be slightly easier to break.
4. Cane-swords. Yes. Thin-bladed swords inside of canes, that combine into a single item upon sheathing. While this has little to do with Mummers as a guild, it's more of an idea I had when I saw one of the tick messages in the Camp Center.

Miscellaneous:
As a side note for this category, since Mummers seek to understand emotion and the human mind, why not offer some basic fundamentals to do so?
1. Hypnosis supplies. Just a thought, but we could have imported, and possibly enchanted, pocket watches that could allow Mummers to, once the target has been properly subdued otherwise, put someone into a state of hypnosis. This could be reflected by whispering commands to them that make them do certain things upon a trigger. Of course, something this powerful should be capable of being resisted, broken and reversed through various means. These should also cost a lot of recognition points, to prevent easy misuse, and should be only be usable by Mummers of sufficient standing or ability (I.E. having all of the Words and/or being a certain guild rank).
2. Scrying spheres, crystal balls, whatever you will call them, to allow Mummers to see the general location of someone or something. While not related to a Mummer's primary studies, they certainly would fit the "gypsy" role.
3. Telescopes, allowing one to (when they're added) study constellations with ease and to "peer" an extra one-two rooms in the same direction with one in hand, at the cost of one second of round time.
Last edited by Marauder on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

You want a gleeman's cloak? I would like to have something that would let me peer extra rooms. And I'd totally steal one of those pocket watches.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

I asked Kyskie for a gleeman cloak but I don't remember if I ever got it. Those pocketwatches should also need 500 of some skill that allows telekinetics or something of that nature so that a mummer couldn't just steal one from another mummer.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Kyskie, and Zoiya, would have a hard time telling what makes a regular cloak a "gleeman" cloak. She, and I, would likely make you a cloak with a fancy description.

I just confused myself. What?
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

I didn't say "gleeman cloak" but I did ask for a patchwork cloak of multiple colors, I did get it, upon checking my mail.
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

The pocket watches would be useless for anything but telling time for someone without the proper training to use them, since I did say you'd need training to use them. Also, telekinetics do not tie in with telepathy, for future reference. They're both psionic abilities, but very, very different in how they work.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

tomato potato, all the same to me. But seriously, some sort of serious training would be needed,
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Some good ideas, but don't hold your breath on enchanted items, special weapons, or anything akin to mind control. The Words are as close as you'll get to controlling someone else.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Mummers”