What prompted your start in CLOK?

Makkah

What prompted your start in CLOK?

Post by Makkah »

Just curious how everyone got hooked on our favorite MUD?

Farn/Rias (as a former GS player) posted on the Player's Corner which got me attached almost 3 years ago:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=43852

I took a look and logged in only a handful of times yearly until last year. Awesome to see the progression...
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Ah, memories. There were a lot of people suggesting to not even try making my own MUD. Silly people.
The lore compels me!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I had previously played games such as WoW, and was always somewhat disappointed by the members of guilds with supposed standards and codes of conduct who often acted completely contrary to the guilds they were a part of. Of course, in games such as WoW, roleplay is low on the priority list.

After stumbling upon CLOK I was thrilled to see that the Church guilds actually held their members to certain standards, and that that was enforced, making it apparent that roleplay and character was important.

Upon joining, some of the excellent player characters already present soon convinced me that the community, while small, was quite excellent. The community combined with the involvement of GMs in events and goings-on, both public and personal to specific characters, ensured that I would continue to return to CLOK.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I was in a dark place in my life with no permanent mud home after the few muds I used to play died out (it was horrible). So I would wander from mud to mud on the mudconnector, looking for something that would hold my interest. That literally went on for 2-3 years (a side note, most muds really suck, luhlz). Then I saw this post:

http://mudconnect.com/discuss/discuss.c ... sage=23642

I ignored it for probably at least a week and didn't try to log on CLOK. Then, after sludging through another crappy mud, I was like, "Hey, I'll try that one mud I saw a few weeks ago!" And I did. And here I am.

Some of the things that keep me coming back to CLOK: The personal connections I've made with the other players, and the GMs too for that matter. The great roleplay (it's fun!) that allows us to impact the game world, as well as the general willingness of the GMs to listen to and implement player ideas into the game. The endless skill progression- uber! The unique guilds with their equally unique abilities. And, come on people, I have a rank 19 thief. I can't just up and leave now. Lol.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

After playing gemstone for a tidbit, it told me that I had to pay for it. So Landion suggested CLOK to me
I'm a thief, it's what I do.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I didn't want to sort through all the junk I ended up with in another MUD. I still don't.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Farn posted it on the Gemstone Players' Corner, the hangout for disgruntled Gemstone players, and I thought I'd give it a try. It has really grown since then.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.

Return to “General Discussion”