Simplicity

River

Simplicity

Post by River »

Ok now this might seem stupid to many of you but not everyone who comes on here understands a lot about the game or the different guilds, races, etc and I can be put into this category many times. I fear that sometimes this can scare new people away because things seem hard or are difficult to understand.

So I guess what I'm saying is if you could "dumb" some things down so that most people could understand them that would help a lot. That's one reason I made the mining pdf-I wanted people to be able to learn by themselves if they wanted and not have to have someone hold their hand. I would LOVE to make more of these guides but I have to learn a lot to do them. If you have the knowledge and would like to help I'd be more than happy to help you however I can. I think it would be wonderful if we had more tutorials around so that people can learn by themselves if they like or they have somewhere to go if they have a question.

Along the same lines-when I read some of the posts on here they don't make sense to me-maybe I'm just dumb but I'd like to understand what is being talked about.

I welcome compliments, suggestions, gripes
---Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I may add some information to the current combat guide on the wiki, as it is lacking in some areas, such as the specifics on tactics and how they may be used to facilitate training certain skills such as blocking or dodging.

I will also begin a farming tutorial, as I believe that is an area that few if any others have explored.

River, if you have any confusion or questions regarding specific matters, perhaps you may mention the subjects here, so that we may assist you. I would be more than happy to take the time to help.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
River

Post by River »

Well especially for first timers and people who've never played other MUD's.

I especially think a tutorial for joining each guild and where to go-who to talk to etc.

I am working on a few already but mostly a basic info/navigation/how to play one and one for Rook Parlour.

A basic farming guide would be awesome-I'll just warn you that as soon as you finish it something might change so always keep your file so you can update it!
---Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Return to “General Discussion”