Mining and Lapidary to skill cap?

Vitello

Mining and Lapidary to skill cap?

Post by Vitello »

Is there a point to training them to cap? Not to be rude but combat grew noticable with the cap and steadily more challenging mobs. I was curious if there is a benefit to raise these skills (and similar crafts) to 2500.
Vitello - Ton - Shirinya - Alwaren
Vitello

Re: Mining and Lapidary to skill cap?

Post by Vitello »

I swear I'm not going to complain, just curious if it is worth the riln to keep getting lessons and grinding the skill. lol
Vitello - Ton - Shirinya - Alwaren
Math321

Post by Math321 »

Mining skill makes mining itself safer (high skill = less chance of gas/rubble/whatever) and makes you better at finding ore (I believe). It also gives a boost to hafted weaponry usage, since swinging a pickaxe for days on end makes you better at swinging other things.

The higher a craft-skill is, the higher quality you make on average. At skill cap, you have the highest chance you'll ever have of making masterful-grade items, a very good chance of making something superior-grade even if it isn't masterful, and a very very low chance of making anything of lower quality.
Characters I play:
Quintin, the Artisan.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

If you wish to cap skills for personal achievement and your enjoyment, by all means, do it. However, the skill cap for skills with no challenge rating system and flat gains such as mining doesnt really mean too much... Skill cap is less a goal to reach and more a barrier to prevent things from getting absurd and out of scope for our current content. We have too many skills and not enough mechanics to utilize them...

Certain skills with incredibly easy gains and no real challenge rating system may even be forcibly lowered (music) if/when mechanics that better utilize them are implemented.

So. I wouldn't really put much effort or thought into "capping skills". If it happens, yay, but keep in mind the game isnt really designed for those 2500+ skills. In fact. most content is in the <1000 range.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Discussion”