CLOK's Morale System

Jirato
DEV

CLOK's Morale System

Post by Jirato »

I decided to go ahead and be transparent about the morale system. Right now, we only have one type of morale boost, which is "resting at a gathering spot". The way this works is, staying in a room with the (gathering spot) tag after the room name will gradually increase your morale up to a cap of 25%. It will then gradually decrease (Twice as slow) once you leave and are in a non-gathering spot room. It takes almost 21 minutes to reach the full 25% bonus, and almost 42 minutes for it to go back down to 0. Morale is a straight skillgain multiplier, so being fully rested at a gathering spot will grant you a 25% bonus to all your skill gains. You can check the MORALE command to see exactly how much of a bonus you are currently getting.

The following rooms are designated as resting spots:
Mistral Lake, Town Square
The Shandy Gaff, Bar
Shattered Pumpkin, Common Room

Shadgard, Town Commons
Hearth and Home, Common Room
The Hanged Man, Bar

Haiban, Founder's Square
Haiban, Grif's Place
Jason's, Bar

Corvus Outpost, Courtyard Center
Corvus Outpost, Murky's Pub

The Grizzly Den, Common Room

Morhollow, Roasting Pit

Brawler's Retreat, Tavern

Wagon Camp, Center

Note that I realize there may be other places that may logically make sense for this, however, the point of this change is to bring people together, so I'd rather leave it somewhat limited at this time. As CLOKs player base grows, more rooms may be tagged as gathering spots in the future.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Re: CLOK's Morale System

Post by Jirato »

There will be several minor actions that players can perform to increase morale added over time. The first of these to be added is the hydration bonus. Take any drink of a non-alcoholic beverage from your canteen, waterskin, or just a glass/cup/whatever, and you will receive the "hydration" status. A single drink is all it takes to be capped at 5%, but this will go down over time, requiring you to periodically take additional sips if you wish to maintain the bonus.

What about booze, you ask? Well, getting drunk is it's own reward. I don't intend to add it into the morale system, sorry!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Re: CLOK's Morale System

Post by Jirato »

Just as a heads up, also, I plan to have most of these morale bonuses go away upon logout. I don't want someone doing something like eating a really fancy meal (coming soon), logging out, then logging back in 2 weeks later and being all, "I'm in a really good mood because of that fancy meal I ate... 2 weeks ago.".

For now I'm leaving it as a permanent effect until I decide exactly how I want to do it so that it doesn't penalize people with unstable connections who just happen to disconnect for a short while and then come back.

Return to “General Discussion”