Roleplay outcomes/expectations (real life thanks, and more)

Hakon

Roleplay outcomes/expectations (real life thanks, and more)

Post by Hakon »

Hello,

Thank you to the GM team for breathing life into the Clok world, and thank you for trying to keep things interesting role play wise, and maintaining mechanical things to make combat, crafting, and so on nuanced and a pleasure to play with.

But I feel like it's a good time to mention an important point. While my character (and other peoples') characters might be unimpressed by something, or even outright against something that is probably meant to be a nice gesture, I am pretty sure that the people behind the keyboard appreciate your efforts.

I can say for myself at the very least, I recognize you guys' effort, and I do notice the nice gestures. So here's me saying it in an OOC forum where things aren't befuddled by anything happening in character, for you all in case there's any doubt! Thank you. You guys are cool stuff.
Nedrik

Re: Roleplay outcomes/expectations (real life thanks, and mo

Post by Nedrik »

Seconded, in a huge way. This has been the most interactive game where I haven't felt like just a puppet on a gm's string.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Hullo. I just wanted to say regarding the invasion event, it was very well crafted. It' was terrifying to log in right before starting to cook dinner and talk about how nice your day has been, to suddenly be interrupted by the screams of townsfolk being attacked and people running to help, qith militia falling in the face of onslaughts of enemies, with so much drama. A real adrenaline rush.

People of all walks came. I saw people with 100 in their roll helping, I saw veterans jump onto relevant characters, and moreover, even NPCs! Everyone piled in, there was a lot of dying, and the event played out really smoothly. So thank you, GM staff, for putting together these wonderful set pieces.

It was a really nice close to a month long celebration. Most of all, thank you for being considerate and rewarding us, the players, with something at the end. Something material, something more than "hey you beat the waves, congratulations bye."

I was actually really impressed by the generosity of this event. Since no one is going to know, I'm just going to say that in my prior experience, a reward of that size is unheard of, especially for invasion events. Enemies often come bearing nothing but death and world-scarring events. I really enjoyed how sudden the battle was, and how it ended as well. It felt really complete for an event. I want to keep praising your effort without sounding like a sarcastic git. I really enjoyed it, is what I'm saying. There's even aftermath -- there's rumors, there's a lack of people where there used to be.

As a player I wanted to be greedy and instantly run off with the money. It was a lot. I really wanted it. But as a character, I knew that with the countless bodies of innocent civilians around me, I couldn't take the riln with a solid conscience... and I hope everyone understands why I brought that up the way I did. I didn't mean to come off as condescending or needy or petulant. As a player that's been in... four or five "city destroying invasion events," I just wanted to portray best how I felt a character would feel after being through such a horrifying PTSD inducing event for the first time.

So in real life, thank you all for all your hard work and effort. I felt really obscene powerful for a few brief moments. Like, I've never, ever, ever killed that many things so quickly before, and boy did I feel great. I also felt dumb for not using an escape I clearly had, leading to my death. I felt like everyone worked together to get rid of an evil that plagued a town and for the first time in a long time, I felt a sense of camaraderie.

Thank you, again, for bringing all this wonderful joy into our game. I hope that you continue to breathe more life and bring more flavor to the world!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I'm just glad y'all had fun. I'll try to think of some more interesting ways to do combat events besides just "Massive horde of enemies attacks, players kill them, the end." This particular one did have an ulterior motive besides just being Halloween fun, but nothing I can talk about OOCly.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
ironcross32

Post by ironcross32 »

Yeah, I tend to be somewhat picky about my RP, and I like it here because its good. I don't feel my expectations are that high, but most places I go have sub par. I don't generally like RPI MUDs either due to the fact that mostly, their staff members are rude, snobbish, or just unpleasant, and the players tend to be snobbish. Everyone has to start somewhere, so I tend to stick to RP enforced MUDs. I can't say I've had a bad RP experience here. It's like an itch to be scratched, getting good Rp.

Return to “General Discussion”