Useful tips.

mercer

Re: Useful tips.

Post by mercer »

you can buy new pendants and crystals at the post office
Edoras

Post by Edoras »

sayto xxx works as an alias for "say ::xxx" and is easier to type!
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

While I love the tips, I think only one should show at login and that be it instead of you getting tips periodically while being logged in. I want to keep the tips up just in case there's something there I might not have learned yet, but I tend to tune out of all OOC things that might distract me from RP while in-game and the tips are a bit distracting with popping up like that. At least in my opinion.
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: You're a fucking amazing RPer. +1000

Dorn bluntly asks, "And does it appear I have a wagon in my pocket?"
You quip, "It would honestly not surprise me if you did."

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

You can turn them off so they don't show up periodically though, and just get the one at the beginning!

(I think? I think if you turn them off, they still show on the log?)
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

You can toggle them off with 'option showtips', but that will disable tips on login as well (I don't know if they were on login ever, or if that's in the works). As a note, you can use 'tips' to call up a tip at any point. I've read over a good fair few of them, and some of them are pretty good. I even learned that there's an HERBS command to see the herbs you have. Cool!

However, they do fire a little too frequently. 10 minutes on Clok isn't a great amount of time, and it may be better adjusted to every 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Keep an eye on your ENCUMBRANCE by typing just that. If you're about to start crafting, make sure you're light and unburdened or you'll have a harder time making better items. The same applies to mining!

Don't try and do everything! At least not, straight away. If you want to be a leatherworker, consider buying pelts from someone. If you're going to need poultices, buy them from a player. You've limited ability points and you might be better off spending a little riln. Most of the best gear and equipment comes from other players and not stores.
~Dorn
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

You can only set them to echo or turn them off. Perhaps another option should be set for just login? So there would three options: Off, echo, login only.

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Tips: Storing armor at the bank vault can add up to a prohibitive cost. Buy an armor rack at the walk in vault in Haiban to save on riln in the long run!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

If you're trying to be sneaky when you send something to someone via mail, you can do so anonymously by typing MAIL <Person> Anonymous. It costs a little extra, but they'll have no idea who sent it!
~Dorn
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

Dorn wrote:If you're trying to be sneaky when you send something to someone via mail, you can do so anonymously by typing MAIL <Person> Anonymous. It costs a little extra, but they'll have no idea who sent it!
Apparently the proper syntax for this is to "mail dorn" and then when it gets to the "mail confirm" stage, you would type "mail confirm anonymous."

Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Riln inside a container won't drop when you die! PUT amount RILN IN container to safeguard your hard earned money against death.
Hakon

Post by Hakon »

You can EXAMINE weapons and armor to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
Frog
Mentor

Post by Frog »

• You can use the word MY when interacting with items to specify something on your person. Example: put map in MY backpack - Useful if there is a second backpack also in the room.
  • You can use the word NOTMY when interacting with items to specify something in the room that isn't on your person. Example: get helmet from NOTMY backpack - Useful if you are wearing a similar contianer.
  • Want to do something with the items in your right or left hands? You can use substitute the item name with RIGHT or LEFT. :Example: stow right, put left in barrel.
  • If you find yourself out in the middle of the wilderness and starving, you may be able to save yourself by using the FORAGE command, many foraged plants are edible.
  • You can see your inventory in a list format, along with which slot each item is worn in, by typing INVENTORY SLOTS, or shortened to INV SLOTS.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Useful tip #1337: For a good time, pet the bison.
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

Jaster wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:02 am Useful tip #1337: For a good time, pet the bison.
Useful tip #1338: For a better time, pay someone else to pet the bison, while you watch.

Return to “General Discussion”