Useful tips.

Jirato
DEV

Useful tips.

Post by Jirato »

I'm compiling a list of useful tips that will be randomly displayed at login. Would anyone like to contribute? They should be short one or two sentence tips that cover general knowledge stuff that might not be known by everyone.

For example:
Tip: If you have keys you need to carry with you, placing them on a worn keyring will not only allow you to enter most locked doors without having to manually unlock them, but will also protect the key from being stolen.

Feel free to reply with your own tips if you want and I'll add theme to my in-game list.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Re: Useful tips.

Post by Jirato »

Here's another freebie and (I think?) little-known tidbit:

Tip: If you manually repair your armor before it shows any signs of damage, there will never be any loss of quality and strength.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
mercer

Post by mercer »

if you attack people in towns like guards, you might find your self dead and in trouble with the town
Edoras

Post by Edoras »

When emoting, you can use the @symbol to target up to one other player character.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Tip: NPCs are people too.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Edoras

Post by Edoras »

In addition to weapon, food and bandage, which display specific groups of items your character possesses, the "count" command can be used to display the total number of any subset of objects in your possession, like specific herbs.
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

If you find yourself getting cold quickly, the WARMTH CLOTHING command can help you see what you may need.
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
cinrean

Post by cinrean »

If you're feeling particularly squirrelly, try dropping something when hiding. Just don't forget where you left your nuts.

You can hold an open container and 'forage' to stow items as you go.

...this one I learned some time after starting to forage. Some. Time.
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

cinrean wrote:If you're feeling particularly squirrelly, try dropping something when hiding. Just don't forget where you left your nuts.

You can hold an open container and 'forage' to stow items as you go.

...this one I learned some time after starting to forage. Some. Time.
In addition to this, no one wants to buy sticks.

Don't go out and forage 100 sticks.
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: You're a fucking amazing RPer. +1000

Dorn bluntly asks, "And does it appear I have a wagon in my pocket?"
You quip, "It would honestly not surprise me if you did."

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

When in doubt, remember to 'burninate'! Trogdor will always be there for you.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
cinrean

Post by cinrean »

Dakhal wrote:When in doubt, remember to 'burninate'! Trogdor will always be there for you.
I almost had a heart attack.
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

Want to add something new to your CLOK experience? Check out the custom soundpack for VIPMud or the official graphical plugins suite for Mudlet.
Links Below:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/158 ... 5.zip?dl=1
http://clok.contrarium.net/ClokGear%202 ... taller.exe
It's not easy being evil...
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

The transfer command is a thing.

'say #tone $speech ::target' is a quick way to change your tone and speech in a say without having to use the tone or speech command.

The swap command is a thing.

The ritual command is a thing.

Have a sensitive piece of mail you'd rather not throw in a bin? Light it on fire instead.

You can quickly check to see what you're holding by using the 'hands' command.

You can 'pull' certain items to hide them beneath your clothing, like keyrings and pendants and the like.

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

You don't have to type entire commands.

You can also quickly check what you're holding by typing han, glan, etc.

Just typing 'mount' will get you on your horse unless you own more than one horse in the room in which case you have to express the type.

Typing an incomplete command might get you instructions as to the use. Example is the 'say' or ' command.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Tip: Bandaging bleeding wounds will stop the bleeding so you can recover your breath before making your way to the infirmary.

Tip: Armor is tougher than skin. Wearing armor can help improve your chances of survival!

Tip: Group up! Difficult encounters can be made easier with some allies by your side.

Tip: When it's cold, it gets cold. Dress warmly in furs or wool, and don't be afraid to start a campfire responsibly.

Tip: You can purchase a horse at the stables, which'll help reduce stamina drain and hunger rate when travelling in the wilderness.

Tip: Interested in mining? While a mattock is good for both mining and digging rubble, pickaxes are lighter and designed for mining, while shovels are lighter and designed for digging.

Tip: Get training! Your skillgain is doubled while you have skill training active.
Last edited by Lun on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

You can 'list' items in your bags or furniture by just adding 'list' to the end of your 'look' command.
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

'Forage firewood ground' sets you to foraging firewood while stacking it up on the ground so it's easy to reach for keeping that campfire burning.

Hakon

Post by Hakon »

Newbies get bandaged up for free in any infirmary. This won't last forever. Take advantage of it!
Edoras

Post by Edoras »

Lun wrote:Tip: Handaxes can't fell trees, but consume less stamina and are faster than a logging axe when used to chop branches off of trees.
Okay, I've been trying to see if this is true or how it is for the life of me, and I haven't noticed it. Is this true? I'm getting the same roundtime and energy loss with a handaxe than I do with a logging axe.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Are you wearing armor or are encumbered? Logging is slower when you're wearing armor.

Logging: 325
Unencumbered with a black steel logging axe:
energy -6, RT 5
Unencumbered with a cobalt handaxe:
energy -6, RT 5.

Aw crap. You're right. I thought I heard somewhere this was the case and have always followed logging axe/handaxe
for felling/chopping... Don't I feel dumb.
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

Hakon wrote:Newbies get bandaged up for free in any infirmary. This won't last forever. Take advantage of it!
This is a great tip! But it might be best to specify that your "free period" ends once you are no longer getting the newbie skill gain bonus. That was a rude awakening for me the first time I went to the infirmary after my bonus was up, haha.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Tip of the Day: Manure is your friend.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

If you protect someone, your dodge roll will be reduced to 0 when you jump in front of them. Don't be surprised if you find yourself with just a weapon to parry with against a Nethrim's blast of Nether. USE A SHIELD.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

You can type 'help' before a command, ability or lore item to get more information on it, such as 'help cooking' or 'help nether'
mercer

Post by mercer »

just another way of saying it
tip: if you see a strange word you don't understand, try seeing if there is a help file on it chances are it's something unique to clok

Return to “General Discussion”