A BIG thanks to all the GMs

Zahrah

A BIG thanks to all the GMs

Post by Zahrah »

I think I've only been playing CLOK for like... a week and a half now and already I've just been blown away by how involved the staff is here and how much they do for all of us. I've been hearing about CLOK for years now (and finally decided to give it a try) and now I see why I've always heard such great things about it.

The GMs definitely play a large part.

So, I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you, guys, for working so hard. I actually couldn't sleep last night and ended up staying up and grinding (because what else would a reasonable adult do at 5 a.m.) and the whole time I was on, I also saw Jirato logged in and I couldn't help but think, "Damn, Jirato, go to bed," and then I learned this morning that he had been up working on CLOK for us and I'm just... I'm floored, to be quite honest. I've played on several MUDs over the years and I have NEVER (and I would like to stress the word NEVER again) actually seen staff members who so actively work toward improvements and player suggestions.

Instead of years of being virtually flipped the bird and told, "I'll eventually fix that game-breaking bug," I've seen bugs being constantly fixed here and improvements being considered and it's just really freaking cool, for lack of a more eloquent phrase.

And then I've heard so many things about past GM-run events that actually have plots (PLOTS) and player actions can have an impact on the world (LIKE WHAT THE CRAP. I played on one MUD for like 3 years and my character had to just keep fighting to save the world over and over again like she was on some nightmare loop because no matter what the playerbase did, the staff didn't care enough about making anything stick.)

I'm just... so pleased with CLOK and all I've seen of it so far and I can recognize that it's taken a LOT of work to get this MUD to where it is today. So, thank you. It's the little things that truly make a game great (in my mind), but sometimes, it's also the big things, too.

(Also, please don't ever think that me suggesting new additions to CLOK that "might be cool" is me expressing any sort of dissatisfaction or a lack of appreciation for the work that is constantly being done. Sometimes I just get ideas and get excited and want to share.)
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: You're a fucking amazing RPer. +1000

Dorn bluntly asks, "And does it appear I have a wagon in my pocket?"
You quip, "It would honestly not surprise me if you did."

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.
Kiyaani

Re: A BIG thanks to all the GMs

Post by Kiyaani »

Glad you're liking the game so far. I hope you stick around. Thanks to all the GMs and players making this game what it is :)
Vestyn
GM

Post by Vestyn »

Your post, right there, makes everything I try to do on Clok worth it. That warmed my heart. From the bottom of now freshly warmed heart, thank you for actually coming and giving us a shot. It's always great to see people come, play, enjoy, and stick around.
CLOK
Event Staff

Post by CLOK »

On the flip side, the greatest reward and inspiration for GMs is having great players to GM for. Our sincerest thanks to you and many others like you.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Thank you for coming to play with us. :) I second Kiyaani in our hopes that you stick around.

Ditto on the GMs. Things have been fun and a lot of it has to do with you all. Thanks so much.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I'm really glad you've been enjoying it. Please don't ever feel like you're pestering us when you're sharing feedback and suggestions. We love them! I may not always respond to everything, but I do read them all.

And as much as I appreciate you commending my late night work... someone may have forgotten to remove himself from the who list last night. ;-) I'm always on the server for ease of access across multiple devices and locations, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm always actively connected, whoops.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Zahrah

Post by Zahrah »

Jirato wrote:I'm really glad you've been enjoying it. Please don't ever feel like you're pestering us when you're sharing feedback and suggestions. We love them! I may not always respond to everything, but I do read them all.

And as much as I appreciate you commending my late night work... someone may have forgotten to remove himself from the who list last night. ;-) I'm always on the server for ease of access across multiple devices and locations, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm always actively connected, whoops.
Pshhhh we can just pretend you work on the MUD 24/7 ;)
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: You're a fucking amazing RPer. +1000

Dorn bluntly asks, "And does it appear I have a wagon in my pocket?"
You quip, "It would honestly not surprise me if you did."

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.

Return to “General Discussion”