How do you feel about a Discord server?

Marauder

How do you feel about a Discord server?

Post by Marauder »

If none of the gurus have any idea on how to use Discord servers, I could easily set one up and transfer control to whoever among you wants to be the server administrator. Of course, you can also set roles which can give other people admin powers as well, so you can have multiple gurus holding the remote, so to speak.

Moreover, I'd like to ask the current community about their thoughts on having an official CLOK Discord server. Discord is much like Skype but without the video chat and it's on its own server, meaning you don't have to deal with peer to peer lag. It's free, too, so don't worry about server costs.

What do you think? Would it be helpful to organize stuff and have CLOK lore meetings again if Jirato comes back and decides they'd be a good idea?
jilliana

Re: How do you feel about a Discord server?

Post by jilliana »

Discord seems to be turning into a popular thing. I'm all for another way for the GMs to communicate, even occasionally, with the playerbase. As is frequently mentioned - a lot of us do come to CLOK and stick around because of the OOC community.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

We already have one, I just never bothered advertising it since Discord has 0 accessibility options.

https://discord.gg/nVFF5xW
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

As far as accessibility, it's not all that bad. "Accessibility" is such a relative thing. I started using the PC app last night and it's clumsy, but again, not that bad. IRC is easier in comparison, but Discord is still a baby. They've got time to get it together. The ios app is a disaster. The web version is fine.

If any VI folks need help setting anything up, just contact me in the way that's easiest for you.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Thanks for offering that, Jill. <3
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

I'm in. I'm on a few other discord servers anyway!
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

FYI, the CLOK #general channel in Discord and in-game chat are now linked up through a new Discord bot.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Discussion”