NPCs and the Cap

Dorn

NPCs and the Cap

Post by Dorn »

I've got to admit, it is very jarring to see common "Rabble" and not even elite leaders, with those "Legendary" skills that are now beyond the reach of players.

A hulking Rabble guard attacks you with his large dark bronze greatsword with a thick burnished leather grip!
greatsword (++++) (M:4850 vs D:X P:X) Dodged!
(energy -4)
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Jirato
DEV

Re: NPCs and the Cap

Post by Jirato »

I never said 2500 was the boundary for "Legendary" skill level. There's actually quite a bit of wiggle room for us to still have challenging critters that actually require a group and surround mechanics to safely confront.

With that said, the hulking guard sword skill was a bit higher than I realized and lowered slightly.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

If I remember rightly... Legendary was when it hit 4k or so?

For sure creatures requiring a lot and such, but I know I'm going to find it very weird personally to come across mass human NPCs at least who have a hell of a lot more attack than a PC can manage.
~Dorn
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Dorn wrote: human NPCs at least who have a hell of a lot more attack than a PC can manage.
Using the current restrictions of PCs, I was able to get my Melee roll to 4638 with Dwaedn abilities, 4343 without. I wouldn't really call that a huge difference. However, as I said, the sword skill was higher than intended. They're swinging at 800 less now, and I'll have a talk with Lassyn to see what exactly these NPCs are used for. At these skill levels they're not really intended to be "mass NPCs", there probably wouldn't be any more than one or two in an area.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Hmph. Then I must be missing out on a lot of stuff then.

Zero abilities and such, I get 3225 with average gear. Before throwing on mounted and such. If I'm screwing up a lot of calculations and such, then so be it. Possible, not like I know the working. >.<

But it is that sort of difference that made me raise an eyebrow, and why I posted.
~Dorn
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

One thing PCs have that makes them vastly superior to the every day AI-controlled NPCs is the ability to switch tactics. It's a risky job, but the added versatility really gives them an advantage when fighting things stronger than them.

And yes after looking, there were indeed a LOT of guards. Granted, the goal was to render Ebon Pass unusable, but we probably could have achieved the same results by tripling the quantity but using the lower skilled versions of these guys. Consider it noted.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Ah. I wasn't thinking of tactics. They're definitely very powerful, especially with different setups and combinations of armor.

But thanks for giving it a read and giving your opinion/look over, J.

Half the time swarms can be more dangerous anyway. Ugh, seeing all that energy go in one. No way to easily lock down either.
~Dorn

Return to “General Discussion”