Clok Cast

merin
CLOK Patron

Clok Cast

Post by merin »

Hi,

So we can't reply to the general announcement, so, here's where I'm posting myh clok cast ideas. I'll start off with some segments:

I've always been interested in what it is like to GM, so, my first segment relates to that. A day in the life of a GM. Perhaps to spread this out over several eppisodes, we can get a GM featured to talk about their every day life as a Clok GM. some questions could be:
1. What do I work on?
2. What do I love about it?
3. What do I hate about it?
4. What is my favorite thing about being a GM?
5. What is myh least favorite thing about being a GM?
6. What is the best GM experience I've had?
7. What is the most worst/most memorable/most amusing/etc Gm experience I have had?
8. What do you wish to say to the players?

I came up with this segment because, well, it's interesting to me at least, and I've always wondered what it would be like to be in your posission. Everyone here knows what it's like to be a player. Not everyone knows what it's like to be a GM, and, if so inclined, you guys can share a little piece of that with us.

Second segment idea is Little known Lore. This segment would involve someone tossing out a random fact about Clok's lore that, while we may have no reason to know/want to know/etc, could help flesh out the world a little bit. It doesn't even have to be anything substantial. We could find out that Gigante like to eat raw pigs, for example.

I don't have questions yet. Give me time and I'll come up with something
Kunren

Re: Clok Cast

Post by Kunren »

I'd really like a GM commentary on current events. Characters, stories, what have you. just thoughts from your perspective.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

I really like this idea. ill see who would be interested in doing this segment!
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Maybe a short conversation with one of the players as a possible segment
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Adaria
Mentor

Post by Adaria »

Hey, I love this idea you guys. I'll try and think of ideas, but wanted to at least post my anticipation of it being kinda nifty and spiffy.
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I'd like to know what somethings are that a player can do to improve their roleplay. I personally feel that I struggle sometimes with it, but it's kind of hard to criticize yourself without a frame of reference.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

What announcement was made that I missed so I can chime in on this subject?
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

You could regale us with a tale of how a story originally was planned to be a simple little thing, and how we completely changed it!

You could talk about some of the minor day to day frustrations.

Discuss an odd bug that made fun things happen by accident.
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

I love a segment on what we could do to help the staff and/or the mud. The patreon is brilliant, but not everyone can contribute monetarily. Are there descriptions that need written, statistical analyses you'd like to see, historical topics you like researched and summarized? (I'm really only good for the statistical analysis, but just throwing ideas out there). I think I speak for more than just myself when I say we really like clok and the clok staff and at least occasionally want to have some way to support the staff and improve the mud.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

qinweiqi wrote:I love a segment on what we could do to help the staff and/or the mud. The patreon is brilliant, but not everyone can contribute monetarily. Are there descriptions that need written, statistical analyses you'd like to see, historical topics you like researched and summarized? (I'm really only good for the statistical analysis, but just throwing ideas out there). I think I speak for more than just myself when I say we really like clok and the clok staff and at least occasionally want to have some way to support the staff and improve the mud.
Yes to this many times over.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

All I ever seem to be interested in is lore, so, MOAR LORE! Specifically, I'd like to more more about the old Kingom of Aetgard.

I also think it'd be nice to hear about some really old storylines that we may or may not be able to see evidence of today. I know stuff like that is usually meant to be found out IC, but some of the storylines that three or four years old can be hard to find out anything about, as not many people are still around who participated in them. Besides, if they're a few years old and not specifically related to guilds, I imagine there'd be at least rumors circulating about them.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Also, I'd love to hear segments about the vision for various long-term projects. For example, the death system is partially redone, but now on the back burner. What is the vision for how that will work when it is "completed" (I know how programming projects go, there usually isn't really a complete).

Another fun thing I think would be various guru's waxing poetic about their cities and how they envision them. Maybe same for some other areas that are well enough known.

Return to “General Discussion”