Lost Portfolio

Fayne

Lost Portfolio

Post by Fayne »

Okay, so, I know this is completely my fault for losing this thing, but Fayne had a portfolio either stilen from her or lost withing the past few days. It was an embroidered pear green portfolio or something similar to that, it had some descriptions of sketches in it. All of the sketches were fairly private for me OOC, I wasn't comfortable showing just anybody, and a few a very private that I've only been comfortable showing two or three people. Now I'm usually not the kind of person to make this kind of request, but those were very private, I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that they may be out there in someone else's hands. If anyone has it, I've made announcements IC that I'm willing to pay 1500 riln to get it returned, but I really can't afford more than that, my character isn't known for having a lot of money, and that's literally all I have. I'd at least like the assurance that I did in fact accidentally drop it somewhere and it got janitored, but since I almost never set it down outside of my own home, I'm thinking it is more likely to have been stolen. Please, help me out here, this really does bother me enough that I may leave if I can't figure out what happened to it soon. I am that uncomfortable about it.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Rias
DEV

Re: Lost Portfolio

Post by Rias »

Deep breaths. Keep looking. If you haven't registered it, you might want to do that.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I plan on registering it as soon as I get it back. I'm really hoping I was just clumsy and it got scrubbed, but the possibility that it was stolen has got me nervous.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Fayne that really really sucks. I hope you find it, or at the very least get confirmed that it was scrubbed. I'm sure it makes the GMs feel all warm and fuzzy that you feel comfortable enough to put something so important to you into clok though. It'd be a shame for you to leave, no matter what happens.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Just as an FYI, we don't have a log for items that get janitored, so confirmation of items being janitored isn't something we can really do.

But like I said, keep looking. It's like those times you lose your car keys.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I'm starting to believe it was scrubbed, since none of the players who play thieves so far have said they have it, and there's only likenone or two I haven't spoken with.

But speaking of those car keys, are you saying you found them? I can drive my hybrid horse to Shadgard again? :P
Skah

Post by Skah »

So, a few days ago there was a server crash. I had a book that I had placed on a counter in the house I live in. After the crash the room reverted to its last saved state (not a GM, so I don't know the details) and the book was gone.

Conversely a set of armor was duplicated, as I had picked it up, and when the room reverted it was still on the rack (I dumped the extra armor and bothered a GM about a replacement for the book)

Similar stuff happens with horses after crashes sometimes.

If I had to guess, I'd say something similar happened to your portfolio.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Skah wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say something similar happened to your portfolio.
Those kinds of things do happen when there's a crash, but not the case in this particular situation.

Keep looking. The car keys thing was a hint! Do you usually find your car keys to have been stolen or in some distant place? With me, they're usually much closer to home.
The lore compels me!
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

*HUGE HINT HINT* ^
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Oh boy, did I leave it in my house in a different place? I'mma smack myself if I did. But Skah does remind me, my horsie duped when the server crashed, so I need extra horsie to go poof before I have to explain an awkward situation to my mare. "No, I wasn't trying to replace you, I promise!" #druidprobs
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

This is why I save after every three commands. >_<

Return to “General Discussion”