What to do when you wear a bugged item.

Vinz

What to do when you wear a bugged item.

Post by Vinz »

So, we get this trouble now and again and in general come back to 10 or 15 pages of people repeating "look person with bugged item' reports/bugs/etc or that person consistently. SO! Now you too can continue to play your character with this simple bug fix!

Go into a private place and use the "Strip" command. This will take ALL the items your wearing and put them on the ground. In general people know what item it is that is bugged or broke some how. These items can be fixed by GMs but before we can do that, this step has to be taken anyway, we just usually take you off the grid to do it. It will make our jobs easier and your life less annoying, if you can isolate the item in question and put it away some place for us to fix when we are around. Then you can continue to play and not have to worry about it anymore.

Is having to re-wear all of your equipment a bummer? Yes. Is there any other way to do it at this moment? No. SO! If you find yourself with that problem, taking this step will get you back in the game faster and allow us to parse through the bug and error reports easier (And more quickly) if we can skip that part when 2 or 3 people stood in a room and cause error report after error report "look person"ing. :P

Thank you!

-Vinz
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
Jaster

Re: What to do when you wear a bugged item.

Post by Jaster »

Some of the looks were legit IC roleplay, where I was looking at my friend to see the status of his wounds in/after combat. :P If we had known this fix, we would have done it (together (in my house)), and it wouldn't have been anything like that time Acarin took his pants off.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

lol, good to know!

In any case, you two aren't the only ones. This happens at least one a month or so.

Finally, I want NO information about Acarin without pants.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I do, that sounds like a story for the ages.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.

Return to “General Discussion”