Storyline Updates

Avedri

Storyline Updates

Post by Avedri »

I know this is terribly OOC but would it be possible to discuss or outline, even vaguely, storylines that GMs are working on?

1) We've had a lot of new/returning players and it may be a good catch up or even show them what Clok has to offer.
2) I'm not one to complain about drawn out storylines, but I wonder if somethings have just fallen off due to lack of player interest, GM time or if they've just been forgotten?

Thanks for the consideration!
Laroremas

Re: Storyline Updates

Post by Laroremas »

+1

Or just publish some stuff IC about past happenings that could be readily available (without quite over doing it)
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

While this started elsewhere, I would like to find and read more journals if it is reasonable/possible. This would be a good IC way of keeping up to date, don't you think? For reference.. I have been largely gone for two years.. so I have a lot to get updated on, haha.

Original Topic: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3805
Laroremas

Post by Laroremas »

Or a player-made newspaper of sorts. Garith, where you at bruh?
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

I think a PC run newspaper would be an amazing idea! It might need some GM help here and there but I can mostly see it working within the current mechanics. Get one or several people to scout out interesting stories and interviews over a few days, have them write up articles describing them, then send out copies to anyone subscribed to the paper. Subscription could be a small weekly fee.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I'm all for keeping people informed via some kind of IC news.

Last time I asked for help and volunteer work on such a thing, I got a grand total of one volunteer. Maybe it'll go better this time! Writing up news articles on top of everything else GMs do - that kind of falls on the backburner when we don't get any help.

Or heck, you all can do it yourselves. We've already got a mechanic in place to write in multi-page mediums.
The lore compels me!
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Well that only addresses I guess half the concen. Though I really like the newspaper for ICly stuff.

I guess, I just want to make sure there are appropriate expectations from a player-side regarding storylines that seem to have disappeared. And now other ones are kind of picking up. This might be a better topic for a Skype call or some such. But should we expect to see the Blood Cult return? Is Thaelsh tunnel ever going to be recovered? Will Sharinas return?

Find out next time on As Arad Turns.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Hmm I haven't been around too long but I think rather than story lines disappearing, they are being kept on back burner. Instead of having storyline start storyline finish, then repeat, they have a bunch of storylines starting which gives more players a chance to join in and get interested before the final big finish. At least for big things. As for personal PC storylines stopped due to long breaks or loss of interest, that's a different question, and might deserve a topic all its own.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

But should we expect to see the Blood Cult return?
Oh, did you think they were gone? (Hint: They're sneaky cultists.)

I hope nobody was expecting for this to be resolved somehow, like the PCs "win" and the cult is wiped out, or something. This wasn't a temporary arc, it was an introduction of a major, widespread faction that is here for the long haul (and isn't always out in the spotlight).
Is Thaelsh tunnel ever going to be recovered?
Not by NPCs; that'd be super boring! A number of people have actually been making some great efforts toward this goal already, so keep it up! (On that note, remember to send out a little thought or a report or something when you make said efforts, just so the GMs know that you all are doing whatever it is that you're doing. I know we've missed some of these efforts that I only heard talked about later as I was spying on PCs conversing.)
Will Sharinas return?
She's not really one for pomp and fanfare and tooting her horn, so I doubt anyone has noticed her multiple visits other than those she had specific reason to interact with or get information to.
The lore compels me!
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Thanks for the deets, Rias. You da best.

Return to “General Discussion”