Age in Character Creation

Adaria

Age in Character Creation

Post by Adaria »

Hello,

Just a quick question, in character creation there is a range of ages, young, youthful, mature, adult, so on and so forth. My question is this then -- What are the relative age ranges that match each of these? I'm curious more for an idea for when creating characters I have a rough age in mind, and my idea of mature may be different than what is implied here, so want to have a better idea.

Thanks.
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.
Kiyaani

Re: Age in Character Creation

Post by Kiyaani »

I think it's left vague on purpose. Someone can look a lot older or younger than they really are.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Kiyaani wrote:I think it's left vague on purpose. Someone can look a lot older or younger than they really are.
^

That's how I always viewed it as well.

It should be noted though, that "young" and "youthful" aren't meant to describe little kids. It's generally considered that every player character is an adult/young adult.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Correct, it's vague on purpose. They're listed in escalating order of age. I generally assume all PCs are at least 18 years old. If you claim to be much younger, we'll impose what we consider appropriate penalties on someone with a younger, weaker body that hasn't grown into its full strength yet.
The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote:Correct, it's vague on purpose. They're listed in escalating order of age. I generally assume all PCs are at least 18 years old. If you claim to be much younger, we'll impose what we consider appropriate penalties on someone with a younger, weaker body that hasn't grown into its full strength yet.
And also shop keepers will not sell you firestones or sharp objects.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Kent

Post by Kent »

I made that up.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
criticalfault

Post by criticalfault »

Would be funny if they couldn't buy alcohol >:)
Jhordon -(Struck by lightning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69NaSUdzzA
Cigano - (Friends on the other side) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
Adaria

Post by Adaria »

Actually, that's a really good way of putting it, and really to see so and so is eighteen, how would you know? I mean I've been carded for rated R movies, this was a few years ago when I was like twenty five but still. Put that way, ok yeah I totally get it and kind of should have come to the realization myself. Thanks bunches!
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.

Return to “General Discussion”