wood boxes in the major towns and outpoasts.

crystal2014

wood boxes in the major towns and outpoasts.

Post by crystal2014 »

now that branches can't be sold, and I find myself with a good bit of them. I have been asked by a few people to drop them off in the town square; however, I have found by placing the branches in the crates nothing else is able to fit in them. I propose that woodboxes be place in the town squares. This will be a place where people can put there unwanted branches and perhaps even a log or two. Oh yeah, by the way it would be nice if Haiban could get a crate and a woodbox also. I often wonder why haiban doesn't have a nearby saw mill?
merin
CLOK Patron

Re: wood boxes in the major towns and outpoasts.

Post by merin »

That's something I think you could do. Make a few chests or buy a few boxes and put them near the crates and fill 'em up with branches and tell everyone that's what they're there for. Kind of like a monk putting a trunk of food near the forks in the wilderness. I don't think you'd be causing more clutter because people go through those branches pretty quick! Who knows. If they are popular, maybe they'll become a new, cool, item that's always there.
xavier

Post by xavier »

if a player makes a huge trunk or barrel and then just drops it off in the town square for people to put branches in, by the time they could go out and get branches to put in it the janitor would have picked it up.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Hm. Perhaps so, however, how did the trunks in the wilderness last then?

It could still be RP
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

They were made permanent b/c it was part of a player-driven effort so the GMs facilitated that effort. You could try the same with the wood boxes, but honestly, branches aren't hard to find and I don't know of any town that would want a giant box of sticks in their town square. You might have more luck in the market.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Although the idea sounds like a good one, I'm sort of inclined to agree with Kiyaani.
One could forage for branches as needed or tell a lumberjack to let them know when they have some that they'd want to give away.
If anything, you can keep your own collection and if you hear that someone wants branches, you can just give them away.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

the problem is, as of now people insist on filling the donation crates with the things. I really don't care if a wood box is added or not, but that is getting to be a problem.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

preiman wrote:the problem is, as of now people insist on filling the donation crates with the things. I really don't care if a wood box is added or not, but that is getting to be a problem.
At the risk of veering off the subject of the thread, I completely agree. It's my understanding that the crates are there to fill with things that a newbie would need or someone would use for a brief time with the intention of returning it when they get a permanent replacement. I honestly don't think that branches would fall under that particular category.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “General Discussion”