Transfer roundtime

Kontar

Transfer roundtime

Post by Kontar »

Just a question, why is there so much roundtime to transfer items? It takes me 20 seconds to transfer 10 items, so it ends up much faster if I just repeat the commands myself instead of using transfer. Does transfer have some added functionality I don't know of that justifies the roundtime?
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I believe it's based on item weight not item quantity. I have essentially no RT transferring herbs from my backpack to my mortar.
Kontar

Post by Kontar »

These were things like peaches, apples, and oranges, so not very heavy. This was from my wagon to a trunk.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Another thing I discovered about the transfer command is that it only works from containers to containers. It doesn't work on, for example, transferring cants of lumber from a log carriage to a handcart or back. I suspect (but haven't tested whether) it also doesn't work for putting multiple pieces of leather/fur from your pack onto a worktable.

Do other commands which facilitate the above already exist? If not, would it be possible to expand the functionality of TRANSFER?
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Transfer roundtime only applies when transferring items from source containers that aren't on your person, and is mostly meant as an anti-griefing mechanic. I'd give you some sort of IC justification for it, but it's basically to prevent a player from running into your mine (for example), typing transfer ore from handcart to (whatever they're holding), then running out without giving you time to react from it.

There is a minimum RT, which then increases at certain milestones based on the number of items transferred. I'll look into lowering this slightly.

The issue with transferring from a log carriage to a handcart is that you put the items ON the log carriage, not IN it. I'll see about the possibility of modifying it to look for stuff "on" containers too, but can't grantee it'll be a quick fix.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

As far as I understand, the reason there is somewhat annoying RT when using transfer when things aren't in your hand (ex. wagons) is we don't want people running in, yanking stuff, and running out in less than a second without giving anybody time to react.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Transfer now has a minimum roundtime of 5 when transferring from a source container not on your person rather than 15. The incremental roundtime increase has also been lowered from +5 to +2 at certain milestones.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kontar

Re: Transfer roundtime

Post by Kontar »

I understand why this happens, but would it be possible to get rid of the roundtime if the wagon or handcart belongs to you?
Blitz

Re:

Post by Blitz »

[deleted]
Last edited by Blitz on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blitz

Re:

Post by Blitz »

Rithiel wrote:As far as I understand, the reason there is somewhat annoying RT when using transfer when things aren't in your hand (ex. wagons) is we don't want people running in, yanking stuff, and running out in less than a second without giving anybody time to react.
This is impossible anyway when someone else's mount is hitched to a wagon, I think. Haven't tested with handcarts.

Return to “General Discussion”