Swimming

Asher

Swimming

Post by Asher »

I have been trying to gain enough skill to swim in the wilderness rivers and I have hit a problem. I found out I could train in the mistral lake but I can only get my skill up to about 11.17. After that, I no longer receive any skillgains from the area. I went outside and I still can't swim in the rivers. This would normally not be a problem but I have no idea where to go next.

Is there a another swimming area I should go to? Or is swimming skillgain currently broken? I know Jirato saved me from a swimming error earlier and it might have been changed after he looked at the MUD's code.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

This is because there just aren't really any other areas that have higher swim challenges, so there's no way to challenge yourself and get a very high skill yet. Swimming the rivers is intended to be something particularly tough, and a bonus to those who dedicate themselves to swimming practice, rather than something that everyone gets just because they can.
The lore compels me!
Asher

Post by Asher »

Does this mean there is currently no way for anyone to learn how to swim the wilderness rivers with the current content?
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Asking trainers for training will probably eventually get you there (Although cost a buttload)
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Is this being revisited since the training changes? We can't really pay our way up to swimming skill with the current system. I'd like to be able to at least 'bathe' in a river if I get a 'stinky' or 'muddy' effect.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Has anyone tried to swim in other areas, such as the lake in Westbrooke, or in the Salamander caves? Those areas have water to swim in.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Westbrooke doesn't give more, or at least it didn't. I haven't tested the salamander caves extensively, but I did swim in there once and didn't notice a change at the time.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I can swimmeth the rivers.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"

Return to “General Discussion”