On bans and negative faction standings

Rias
DEV

On bans and negative faction standings

Post by Rias »

There have been a few requests to have character/account bans or negative faction standings reconsidered now that the game is being restored, so I figured I'd make a public statement on the subject.

Regarding bans: I may look over them at some point just so I've got as much information as possible on each situation, but that's the least of CLOK's priorities at the moment. It's unlikely any will be reconsidered that weren't specifically meant to be temporary or considered somehow lesser in severity. Cheating/major bug abuse situations are not being reconsidered.

Regarding faction standings: CLOK being restored is a restoration of the previous storyline/timeline, so the faction standings will remain the same for the same reasons they originally ended up the way they did. I'm aware that some characters are currently without a home due to Mistral and Haiban being unavailable. Once I can learn a little about individual situations we'll see about finding a place for them, but there are no guarantees: Burnt bridges aren't easily mended. Hopefully people will be more mindful of their characters' behavior and making decisions, without the safety net of multiple 'neutral' settlements being dependable backup havens where consequences could be consistently fled from.

Regarding Harbingers and Claw members who for whatever reason aren't already welcome in Corvus Outpost: Provided they haven't given the Outpost any reason to dislike them, they will likely find themselves welcome there soon. I did notice that some Harbingers (edit: and Claw members) were for some reason still allowed in Shadgard. These individuals are no longer allowed past the gatehouse, but are not treated as immediately hostile by NPCs.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Discussion”