A few little things going with the mud

artus

A few little things going with the mud

Post by artus »

*facepalms guiltily*

• Herbs (millions of them)
• Food/cooking ingredients (over a million)
• Bandages, poultices, and poultice cloth scraps (near a million)
• Ranged ammunition of various types

It wasn't me! It wasn't me!*screams*

Extremely excited for this, though I may have to rework the entire soundpack thanks to me not expecting the return.*sniffles*

Since this topic doesn't really seem to fit anywhere, I suppose we could it as a place to throw in questions and curiosities or something, because hey it's something to salivate longingly about, stuff to love and all that! Can't get away from the world, can we? It's a home!

As of now as I'm awaiting someone to tsend me the latest soundpack version they have that I don't, how is tailoring done when the old system doesn't have animal husbandry and wool or rimeveil, or are they in somehow?

How is character progression now that some of are old chars are already established on there? Is the skill cap going to still be 2500? I'm a little curious about this one because I'm not certain if it'll leave newer players far behind and that they'll feel left out surrounded by returning players like that while satisfying returning players in a sense that it saves them extra work. Also, I hope the skill grinding is at least less excruciatingly slow as before, so people feel like the rp is just as fun as the grind.

Do we still die at 0 hunger?:p

It's a bit of a fluctuation between Clok and Cogg, admittedly, so I'm not sure how to go about re-establishing Arty rp wise yet. Wonder if there's any recommendation for that.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Rias
DEV

Re: A few little things going with the mud

Post by Rias »

artus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:04 pmI may have to rework the entire soundpack
You should be able to use most of what you've already worked on with the COGG pack, I think, since we're running on the updated code and not the old legacy CLOK code.
how is tailoring done when the old system doesn't have animal husbandry and wool or rimeveil
Something to think about! At the very least, we can put some basic thread and cloth in a store somewhere for the time being.
Is the skill cap going to still be 2500?
At least for now.
How is character progression now that some of are old chars are already established on there? [...] it'll leave newer players far behind and that they'll feel left out surrounded by returning players
I think that's an unavoidable part of any game that has a progression system. Just be nice and helpful to people who aren't as far along on their journey yet!
Do we still die at 0 hunger?:p
Nope, you just can't regenerate any more than 5% of your total energy. And I don't remember if it's coded in yet, but you should also get a morale penalty if you travel on an empty stomach.
I'm not sure how to go about re-establishing Arty rp wise yet.
Well, you've got over two years of leeway to say your character was doing this or that if you have any desire to have them changing up a bit from who they were before, but their history stays!
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Discussion”