Character Concepts

Dorn

Character Concepts

Post by Dorn »

This thread is for all those character concepts that you want to play, but for whatever reason don't. Too many alts, don't do alts, not enough time, whatever. Let's hear some of those ideas!

I'll go with two of mine to start.

1. A younger son of some landed household, not sure where. Make him a Mummer, and pack him out in full plate, shield, some one-handed weapon and a warhorse. Every single story or song he tells, would be centered around his own heroic adventures and how he saved the day. We all know that one person who turns everything around about how they did it better, this guy would be that x100. With songs. I imagine he'd be soooo annoying, but kind of fun to play.

2. A Geomancer obsessed with rocks. He'd be like a Pokemon master of Rocks, gotta catch them all. Have a house, and just have all the rocks/gems/ores that he can find on display. I'm not sure what I'd do with him personality wise but we don't see many Geomancers so I think it would be fun to try!
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
jilliana

Re: Character Concepts

Post by jilliana »

My character concepts aren't so specific because I don't decide until I feel them out a little, but I do like the idea of having a Dunwyr. Though I think that it's more an 'in theory' kind of thing and the actual doing of it would be more difficult. Not to mention that I'm not sure I'd be up for the type of RP that demands getting the attention of that particular group.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
artus

Post by artus »

I'd go with two of my beloved alts that i've put into the back burner then:
1. An artisan who sneaked in a smuggled pirate ship, only to be abandonned not far from pirates cove in lost land. He Got a knack to be a craftsman, yet got a knack to destroy what he crafts as well as being good at working with it. The only word in his mine is insane even though besides his craziness over materials, he is sane and, kind and very playful by heart.
2. An Utasa whose biological family were all turned and killed by infesteds since he was an inphant. Started his adventure by meeting an Udemi ranger in the tavern out of lost land. The hunter saw his skill and helped him into being accepted in the team as he wished. Then he was offerred and accepted to come specifically to help what matters in lost land. He's generally hot headed but loyal and hhonest, serving every worthy ones with love and care, smiting those unworthy with anger and hatred. He's best at spears in both fighting and fishing.

But for now, think I'll just stick to Artus, heh. Involved too far to change without complications now.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

Dorn.. I must see that mummer. I'm sure he and Akila would get on so well! He sings his songs of self-glorification, whilst Akila counters with the true version or how he really turned an ran.
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Akila wrote:Dorn.. I must see that mummer. I'm sure he and Akila would get on so well! He sings his songs of self-glorification, whilst Akila counters with the true version or how he really turned an ran.
You would be one of Robin Hood's minstrels?
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Akila wrote:Dorn.. I must see that mummer. I'm sure he and Akila would get on so well! He sings his songs of self-glorification, whilst Akila counters with the true version or how he really turned an ran.
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir (Blank) turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir (Blank)!
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Haven't thought deeply through it, but I've been heavily considering making a character that has dozens of versions of himself that constantly distract and talk to each other as the character moves about his daily life. Occasionally playing chess with each other, occasionally forming music groups, sometimes putting on sock puppet shows. All the while the character himself seems constantly distracted by things to other people as he forged his way through life despite the chaos in his head.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

A Giganti particularly reverent to the Mountain Father. Travel around to the mountains and caves to admire their beauty, do some mining to seek the blessings of the Father hidden within the earth, maybe RP trying to be, or wishing he was, a Runskjaere. I wonder if I could get a quill altered into a chisel, and a bunch of parchments altered into stone tablets, or something like that. I just really like that lore in general. Maybe a Fallensten whose hopeful parents ended up being disappointed when he wasn't born right into the gift of runecarving, and being tired of their hollow assurances that they were proud of him anyway, he decided to just leave Cirak Drauth for a while and come to the Lost Lands to sort of find himself, and explore for any lost relics and unknown caves, or just something to try and prove his dedication to the Mountain Father while seeking his blessings. Rather than be angsty about it, he'd see it as a journey ordained by the Mountain Father to grow into and earn his talents. The Father glorifies dedication and hard work, after all. Being born to an exceptional talent is the easy way, a merciful blessing by a kind Father for those who couldn't handle the effort of working to learn and earn their skill. Having to work toward it throughout your life: now that's the Father's way.

Mechanically, he'd probably mine a lot and do lapidary and knapping, and do a lot of exploring while wielding a hammer in combat. Maybe a maul, and get some smaller warhammers for throwing, just because throwing hammers is fun. And I'd pester the GMs for a stoneworking skill, to be able to carve words into stone tablets, and sculpt items from rock like statues, statuettes, mugs, other things from Dwarf Fortress ...

I hate you, Dorn. Now I really want to do this.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.

Return to “General Discussion”