Hyperfocus cooldown

artus

Hyperfocus cooldown

Post by artus »

Hello
So I finally achieved my long awaited goal today, and that goal is being able to rapidfire and volley. However, there's a little something that seems to be quite troublesome, though not really (as I made it sound super harsh when I shouldn't, before I edited this post, sorry).

Rapidfire and hyperfocus need to be active before I can volley. The cooldown time between two abilities are quite a pain in my opinion. Rapidfire doesn't take too long, but hyperfocus does.
Acordding to my previous annoyance, because of the incredible cooldown time hyperfocus has, and the short live both effects have, it makes volley or even rapidfire itself become nearly useless. You can't use it as much as it should before you return to normal, and you need to wait a loooong time to be able to reuse it again.
Hyperfocus itself has a very short active time and incredibly long cooldown. In one fight, it normally doesn't take that long to finish anything, often fall on three situations : you die, your target dies or any of you flee away. But before that, since, acordding to abilities, you're quite expert, you're suppose to do more than just actively fight for a second and then back to normal because of cooldown.

Would it be possible to at least make hyperfocus and rapidfire active time and cooldown balance? either shorten hyperfocus cooldown or make its active time stay longer?
Thank you.
Last edited by artus on Fri May 27, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Bryce

Re: Seriously...hyperfocus is rediculus!

Post by Bryce »

Use angry and accusatory statements and the people you're addressing are going to be instinctively defensive and resistant to your ideas. Present your concerns calmly and respectfully, and your ideas will be calmly and respectfully considered. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
artus

Re: Seriously...hyperfocus is rediculus!

Post by artus »

Never mean to upset or push anyone though, and never feel anything close to angry either. May be it's the topic name that sounds a bit...actually a lot harsh when it really should not. I'll change it then. Thank you for noting.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Jirato
DEV

Re: Hyperfocus cooldown

Post by Jirato »

Hyperfocus, and abilities that require its use, such as volley, are fully intended to be situational abilities to supplement but not replace standard combat. They are not meant to become your new default attack that you use exclusively in place of normal firing. You find yourself in a tricky situation, bit off more than you could chew, and need a boost, use it.

This would be the same as the Dwaedn Wyr doing nothing but claw attacks and bull rushes (hence the reason we added the apathy system). Or an assassin constantly using assassinate without the need to set up for it first.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Discussion”