Putting together a crew

Acarin

Re: Putting together a crew

Post by Acarin »

Do you need a ship drunk? Zuki would be perfect.
Orris

Post by Orris »

Sorry I've been gone the past few days! My mom was out visiting. We'll be out to sea soon, I can feel it!
While planning a trip to the haunted galleon with a bunch of people on ESP...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: what are the nether called on that pirate ship again?
[TO Vinz (OOC)]: I'm scared to tell you...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: DO-IT >:)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I haven't sent you to Deep Ocean Beyond the Borders of the Map yet, have I? Someone remind me to do that the next time Orris is around.
The lore compels me!
Orris

Post by Orris »

Things are moving along real well! Our next meeting will be tomorrow, Sunday, at 7:00 PM game time. I'll send letters IC too.
Orris

Post by Orris »

Okay, elemancy is fixed and I'm finished lollygagging! It's been a while and some of the old crew have disappeared. If I've already talked with you in the past few days, then obviously you're already set. Vaylon's place is already secured because he went above and beyond in our preparations so far. Everyone else is going to have to re-apply to be on the crew. I put posts on town boards advertising putting together a crew. Please send me a letter IC if you're interested with details of what you can bring to the crew. Room on the vessel is limited so I can only take so many people. So play up your skills and talents if you want to be considered!
ydia

Post by ydia »

This is a cool, neat idea.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
ydia

Post by ydia »

Might I offer a suggestion. Have alts for each position, because depending on your big event happens you may or may not have your main crew. :)
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Orris

Post by Orris »

Yes, none of the positions are permanent and unchanging. If someone can't make a voyage, we'll find someone to take their place. Scheduling this many people is never going to be easy so the deal is that if you can't make it to something, you'll just have to hope you can make it next time. I'm usually able to play in the evenings on weekdays. My weekends usually are tied up with things I do IRL and social activities. I'm sorry if our schedules don't align!
Orris

Post by Orris »

So the latest news is that Vaylon has left the crew, and the game from what it sounds like. That means I'm in need of a Quartermaster again. I'm going to talk to people IC that I would trust to do that and I think it shouldn't take long to find a replacement. I have a few individuals in mind already.

Here are the tentative dates I have gone over with the GMs for our initial voyage (I say initial, because hopefully there will be more than one!). I decided to try and just get some dates because things keep coming up, and I figure we'll just set a date and go no matter the situation at the time! This has taken forever already.

Dec. 19 or 20 (Saturday or Sunday night)
Dec. 29 (Tuesday night)
Jan. 2, 3, or 4 (Friday, Saturdy, or Sunday night)

For those who are on the crew or who have at least talked with me about it, let me know all of the dates that you would be available. We'll go with whichever one most people can make.
ydia

Post by ydia »

I never heard back IC so not sure if you need me, but if you need a monk to go along any of those days would work for me!
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I've been meaning to respond to your letter IC but I keep forgetting about it. I usually can't play during the evenings, but since this is plenty of prier notice, I think I can manage it. I'll be sure to send off that letter asap.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Mooshie

Post by Mooshie »

Hi folks! I'm Mooshie, and I'm lookin to join up as an able seaman! I'll be grinding my swiming and climbing to be a bit useful during the trip. I'm preatty sure I'll be available all the dates and times posted. I'll know for sure after the 13-14th. I hope you have fun with everyone!
Orris

Post by Orris »

I look forward to your letter, Mooshie!

I've updated the roster page. Most notably, Gad has accepted the position of Quartermaster! I'm sure he's someone that everyone can trust and respect in that role. I'll be meeting with him individually to go over some things about that: he has a lot to pick up because Vaylon left some big shoes to fill. I combined the positions of Master of Combat and Master Combatant. I've sent responses to some of the people who sent letters about their interest and I think we've got all the major things covered if they all accept, so we should be good to go later this month.

I'd like to meet with the whole crew before departure day, as well. If everyone can meet up on this upcoming Thursday evening around 7:00 game time in Haiban, that would be great. I want to discuss a few things about ship operations and I need to hand out paperwork for access to the ship. If you can't make it at that time, I'll try to meet with you individually, but please try to make that meeting, because I don't want to give the whole schpiel several times. I'll send IC letters about this once I hear back from the people I've sent invitations to.
ydia

Post by ydia »

The captain is MIA!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Psst. We haven't gotten any confirmation on which day is preferred, and the 19th is coming up fast!
The lore compels me!
ydia

Post by ydia »

The crew at least some that I know of has stated their availability, but we have heard no word mr Rias!
Mooshie

Post by Mooshie »

I can make all of the December dates for certain, January is up in the air unfortunately
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I myself can make all of the dates posted.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Orris

Post by Orris »

Okay, so after a lot of frustration with scheduling and learning that organizing players is like herding cats, and talking to the GMS, here is how this is going to go: The GMs and I are going to pick a time, without considering anyone else's schedules. Once that date is set, then a crew will be gathered based on who can make it at that time. I apologize in advance for anyone who can't make it on whatever time we end up choosing, but this is the only way this thing is ever going to happen. If people end up cancelling or saying they realize they can't make it on that day, then they won't be going and the schedule will remain, even if it ends up just me going to sea alone. I am getting out to sea no matter what!

I will keep things posted here on this thread. People who have already been accepted as crew in the past will be first picks for their positions when a date is chosen, as long as they can make it.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Anchors aweigh! I might try to sneak along if there's room for me.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I would be willing come along. Is there something posted in game to respond to IC'ly-ish?
"No one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good."
Plato
Teek

Post by Teek »

You bet I'm gonna find a way to squeeze myself along. I look forward to this adventure on the high sea!
artus

Post by artus »

Oho, how neaty! Can I be in too?
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Orris

Post by Orris »

I'll make things known ICly once a date is set! I don't want any more false alarms.

Return to “General Discussion”